Post by DonCampbell »

Founder Keen
Krattaka
Dawn Greenwood
Mamma Hub
Dr. Fuzmyer
Silver Surfer (Norrin Radd)
Surfer’s board
people of Newhaven (over six billion, almost all from different species) - not all shown
Galactus

There’s also a brief flashback sequence of the Surfer’s origin which features the following:
Norrin Radd
Shalla-Bal
people of Zenn-La – BTS
Galactus
Human Torch (Johnny Storm)
The Thing (Ben Grimm)
Mister Fantastic (Reed Richards)

Note: In this issue the Surfer states that during his “centuries of servitude” he led Galactus to “millions of worlds.” The last in-story reference to how long the Surfer served Galactus was something like a century so this represents an increase. Also, the Surfer's body count is really skyrocketing, isn't it?
Last edited by DonCampbell on Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Re: Silver Surfer v6 #9

Post by Michael »

In SS3 6, the Silver Surfer thinks to himself "In the CENTURIES after I left her (Shalla Bal), to serve as herald to Galactus, I kissed her not at all". The obvious reading of that line is that the Surfer's servitude to Galactus lasted centuries.
DonCampbell
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Silver Surfer v6 #9

Post by DonCampbell »

Michael wrote:In SS3 6, the Silver Surfer thinks to himself "In the CENTURIES after I left her (Shalla Bal), to serve as herald to Galactus, I kissed her not at all". The obvious reading of that line is that the Surfer's servitude to Galactus lasted centuries.
Yes, you're right, in that issue the Silver Surfer clearly states that he had served Galactus for centuries. However, there is contradictory evidence from the Silver Surfer: Homecoming Graphic Novel. In that story, Moondragon requests a download of all information on the Silver Surfer and part of it reads "Subject (Silver Surfer) honored this agreement (with Galactus) for close to one solar century."

I've always wondered if anybody else had noticed this bit of data and if it was considered canon or not. Personally, given the fact that Shalla-Bal didn't appear to age much (or at all) during the time that she and Norrin Rodd were separated, I would actually prefer it if the time which the Surfer spent serving Galactus was as short as possible.