Manifold
Starbrand
Sunspot
Black Widow
Cannonball
All-New Captain America (Sam Wilson)
Shang Chi

civilian onlookers

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guardians Team-Up #2

Thanos (in FB only)
young Gamora (in FB)

Gamora
Nebula
Chitauri warriors (none named)

NYPD officers (none named)
Emergency Medical Technicians (none named)

Rocket Raccoon
Groot
Drax the Destroyer
Star-Lord (Peter Quill)
Venom (Flash Thompson + Klyntar symbiote)

Hawkeye (Clint Barton)
Hyperion
Sunspot
Black Widow
Smasher
Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew)
Manifold
Starbrand
Cannonball
Thor (female)

Kindun (a sentient planet that Thanos and young Gamora once tried to conquer)

Note 1: Although there was not even a glimpse of Venom in issue #1, issue #2 reveals that he was present aboard the Guardians' ship all along so he gets a BTS for the first issue.

Note 2: The All-New Captain America was present in issue #1 and he was shown having been knocked out by the genetic disruptor on the next-to-last page but he was totally M.W.E. (Missing Without Explanation) in issue #2. Should it be assumed that he was there but just not depicted? Or should it be assumed that he wandered off between issues?

Note 3: This storyline establishes that Gamora and Nebula know each other, that Gamora was associated with a smaller number of Guardians when she and Nebula last met, and that Gamora believed that Nebula was dead. I suspect this is a case of Brian Michael Bendis mixing movie continuity with comics continuity but I haven't seen the GOTG movie and so can't say for sure. Anyway, even if that is the case, I'm not sure if there is anything which means that this story absolutely CANNOT be canon with respect to the Marvel Universe of the comics. Opinions?
Michael
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Re: Guardians Team-Up #1-2

Post by Michael »

IIRC, Nebula and Gamora did meet during Annihilation. But yeah, it does seem like Bendis is mixing MCU and 616 continuity.
DonCampbell
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Guardians Team-Up #1-2

Post by DonCampbell »

Michael wrote:IIRC, Nebula and Gamora did meet during Annihilation. But yeah, it does seem like Bendis is mixing MCU and 616 continuity.
Ah, you're right. I had completely forgotten that Gamora and Nebula had both appeared in Annihilation. Even after you mentioned it I couldn't recall Nebula but then I checked her entry on the Project and saw listings for Annihilation: Ronan and it all came back to me. Nebula was part of a cult-like group of female fighters known as the Graces who had been established by Gamora on the planet Godthab Omega. She survived the Annihilation Wave's attack on that planet and Annihilation #6 shows her with Gamora and Cerise on some war-torn planet looking upwards in surprise as the Galactus Event approaches. The end of that issue showed that Gamora had survived but neither Nebula nor Cerise had been seen since then...until now.

By the way, the Project lists Nebula and Cerise as both being in Annihilation #4 but I can't find them anywhere in that issue.