New Warriors Watch

Mini-issue Analyses

Moderators: Col_Fury, Jason Doty, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

New Warriors Watch

Post by JephYork »

By popular demand (well, it won the poll), this is the New Warriors Watch. Alert us to unexpected current appearances by New Warriors characters, their supporting characters, and dedicated New Warriors villains, including the following characters:

AEGIS
AJA
ASYLUM
ASYLUM II / DARKLING
BOLT II / MAVERICK II
ANDREW CHORD
CLOAK
CORONARY
DAGGER
DARKHAWK
DEBRII
FIRESTAR
FRIDAY
GRACE II
HELIX
HINDSIGHT / HINDSIGHT LAD
IMPULSE II
JUSTICE II / MARVEL BOY V
KAZ
LONGSTRIKE / TATTOO
MATHEMANIC
MICROBE
NAMORITA / KYMAERA
NIGHT THRASHER
NIGHT THRASHER II / BANDIT
NOVA
PENANCE IV / SPEEDBALL
PHASER / RADIAN
PRETTY PERSUASIONS
RAGE
RIPCORD / STACY X
SILHOUETTE
SKYBOLT / REDNECK
SLAPSTICK
SPEEDBALL II
SPHINX II
SPROCKET
TAI II
TIMESLIP
TURBO II-A
TURBO II-B
ULTRAGIRL
ZERO-G / POWERHOUSE III / POWERPAX / DESTROYER VI / GEE

This is kind of a broad-based Watch -- the Warriors have several characters associated with them that, while they might not have been actual members, have such close ties with the team and/or pop up with such infrequency that only Warriors fans will care when they appear. I included the Warriors' support staff, allies like Helix, and even the members of Psionex, as Night Thrasher led that team for a time.

The New New Warriors made the cut as well, as they've more or less been "adopted" by Warriors fandom. Darkhawk is listed here as well as on the Avengers page, by virtue of spending roughly equal time as a member of each team -- and Cloak is here because, hell, you can't have a Dagger watch without Cloak. So, C&D fans, here's your de facto Watch thread.

And finally, Avengers: the Initiative #10 reveals that Slapstick and Ultragirl were granted full Warriors membership. So onto the Watch list they go!

I balked, however, at adding two characters that some Warriors fans hold dear, Super-Nova / Nova Omega (if I include him, why not the whole Nova Corps?) and Hybrid II (whose tie to the Warriors is that he's a friend of Justice. Or something).

If you need to report a Scarlet Spider appearance, your best bet is the Spider-Man Watch.

And if you need to report appearances of any of the newest batch of New Warriors who are better known as former X-Men characters -- well, I suggest the X-Men Watch.

(Update: While Wondra/Jubilee, Decibel/Chamber, Blackwing/Beak, Tempest/Angel Salvadore and Renascence/Wind Dancer are far better known as X-Men characters, a really good argument could be made that Longstrike/Tattoo, Phaser/Radian, Skybolt/Redneck and Ripcord/Stacy X have spent just about equal amounts of time as Warriors than as X-Men. So feel free to report their appearances in either thread ... and eventually maybe their NW appearances will outpace their X-appearances, and we can transition them over here completely.)

Here's your watch thread, Warriors fans. Go to it!
Last edited by JephYork on Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:40 am, edited 7 times in total.