Dark Avengers 6

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

Russ Chappell
Site Admin
Site Admin

Dark Avengers 6

Post by Russ Chappell »

We have Sub-Mariner in Dark Avengers 6, followed by Black Panther v5 1-FB.

We have Storm in Black Panther v5 1-6 (which, presumably, follows the flashback in issue 1), followed by Marvel Divas 1.

We have Emma Frost in Marvel Divas 1, followed by Dark Avengers 6.

This yields:
DARKA 6
BP5 1-FB
BP5 1
BP5 6
M/DIVAS 1
DARKA 6

Namor and Emma are in the same scene together in DARKA 6.

Emma's chronology comes from the X-Men Index, whereas Namor and Storm come from chronological analyses performed after the Index. Is it possible that Emma's Index chronology was later deemed to be in error, or did we miss the reference in Emma's chronology when devising Namor & Storm's? Or is there a break in M/DIVAS 1, that allows Emma to appear in the first part, and Storm in the second?
I can't promise you that things will improve, if we make changes;
I can promise you that they won't improve, if we don't.

Adventures in the Marvelous Zone! A Girl's View of the Marvel Universe
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Dark Avengers 6

Post by Col_Fury »

I'm at work and my notes are at home, but I know the Marvels Divas mini happens over a period of time. For example, Invisible Woman appears in ASM 600 between M/DIVAS 1 & 4. I don't recall if there's a gap within M/DIVAS 1, though, but I'll find out when I get back in tonight.
-Daron Jensen
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

Of course, Storm and Emma (and Invisible Woman) appear in the same scene in M/DIVAS 1.

It's looking like M/DIVAS 1 needs to be moved for Storm. There's a bit of time that passes between M/DIVAS 1 & 4, and M/DIVAS 4 happens shortly before the Utopia crossover for Invisible Woman. Moving M/DIVAS 1 to before BP5 1 for Storm agrees with that, and we avoid having Storm appear at a book signing having fun (M/DIVAS 1) while her husband is in a coma (BP5 6).

So:

STORM/ORORO MUNROE

RUN3 10
*[M/DIVAS 1] (move to here)
[BP5 1]
[BP5 2 (1 - 19)]
[DOOMWAR 3 (1:4)-FB]
[BP5 2 (20 - 22)]
[BP5 3]
[BP5 4]
[BP5 5]
[BP5 6]
*[M/DIVAS 1] (move from here)
UTOPIA
-Daron Jensen
Russ Chappell
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Russ Chappell »

Kewl. Thanks!
I can't promise you that things will improve, if we make changes;
I can promise you that they won't improve, if we don't.

Adventures in the Marvelous Zone! A Girl's View of the Marvel Universe
FrankWood
Supporting Character
Supporting Character

Post by FrankWood »

Col_Fury wrote:Of course, Storm and Emma (and Invisible Woman) appear in the same scene in M/DIVAS 1.

It's looking like M/DIVAS 1 needs to be moved for Storm. There's a bit of time that passes between M/DIVAS 1 & 4, and M/DIVAS 4 happens shortly before the Utopia crossover for Invisible Woman. Moving M/DIVAS 1 to before BP5 1 for Storm agrees with that, and we avoid having Storm appear at a book signing having fun (M/DIVAS 1) while her husband is in a coma (BP5 6). …
Just wanted to clarify who is the one to be consider as best among the two of them?
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

Ideally, no one is best.

Putting together a chronology is like solving a riddle. You would want all of the clues to make sense when placing the stories in order.

In this case, Storm's husband is hurt following BP5 6, so that's a clue that Storm probably wouldn't leave her husband until he's better. Since her husband is still recovering in bed in the Utopia one-shot, she shouldn't (in theory) appear out on the town having fun in M/DIVAS 1 after BP5 6 and before UTOPIA. So, M/DIVAS 1 should happen before her husband is hurt, so sometime before BP5 1 for Storm.

I hope that makes sense. Welcome to the MCP, FrankWood! :D
-Daron Jensen