Members of Order in Civil War #6-7

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

robfj
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Members of Order in Civil War #6-7

Post by robfj »

The California Initiative team called the Order was initially called the Champions in CW#6-7, where they went by codenames of the Greek gods. You list these as eg Hermes Clone and have them only in those 2 issues. But I believe there is overlap between these characters and the team that starts Order #1, before some of them are fired and replaced. The makeup of the teams is very similar apart from colouring differences. They've stopped using the Greek gods as codenames, but they are still identified with them. They could be replacements given the same powers. But the fired members in #1 aren't replaced by people with the same powers, and we are told they have some input into what powers they are given.

In CW#6(1) the female archer is pretty obviously Pierce (identified in Order #1 with Artemis) with a different colour costume and hair (not a problem). The flying guy with the energy mace is Maul (identified in Order #1 with Hephaestus). The guy lifting the tank is named Hercules - he's also in CW#7 but doesn't make it into the Order title.

The speedster in CW#6(2:2) is named Hermes, and should be linked to Calamity (Hermes) in Order #1.

Poseidon is mentioned as being off-screen in CW#6(3:1). We can presume this is Heavy (Poseidon) in Order #1, in which case he is in CW#7 too.

Aphrodite is mentioned in CW#6(2:1) but it doesn't make sense for her to be the archer on p1. By the same token I don't believe she's in CW#7 either, or anywhere else. At best she has a BTS in CW#6.

When the team appear in CW#7(11:2) the Artemis (middle right), Hephaestus (middle left) and Hercules (bottom left) figures are clearly there, but Hermes isn't. They are joined by some others. 3 of the 4 new figures at the top can be identified as the Order #1 characters Corona (Helios), Heavy (Poseidon) and a swordswoman who is probably supposed to be Avona (Athena) (this time the miscolouring would include her skin, which would have to be considered a mistake). The extra character bottom centre looks like the Bannerman Brown robot from Order #1. Some sources say both Bannermen are there. The 1 at bottom right may be Bannerman Green but he looks somewhat different from the Bannerman Green in Order #1 (but it must be added that neither example of Bannerman Green is coloured green).

I can't identify the blond guy with the yellow cape at the top of the picture. Your listings claim that Anthem/Henry Hellrung is in CW#7. If so then I'd guess it was him, but I don't think so. (The Unofficial Appendix agrees with me in this and the other things. As does comicbookdb.com except it misses the Champions completely out of CW#6 and never mentions the Bannermen anywhere.) However if I can accept a mistake (or change of editorial mind) in skin colour for Avona, then I can't object to a change of hair colour for Anthem. So I'm open-minded about it.

It is also worth mentioning that the Champions aren't clones as you label them, of Olympians or of humans. When Maria Hill says in CW#1(2:1) that Hermes is a former track star she means, as explained in Order #3, that he is the actual athlete not a clone of him.

Summary of the changes:-

AVONA

ORDER2 1
ORDER2 2
ORDER2 3
ORDER2 4

Change to:-

CW 7 *** added ***
ORDER2 1
ORDER2 2
ORDER2 3
ORDER2 4

CALAMITY/JAMES WA

ORDER2 3 (1:10)-FB-FB
ORDER2 3 (2:5)-FB-FB
ORDER2 3 (2:10)-FB-FB
ORDER2 3 (1 - 3:1)-FB
ORDER2 3 (17:1 - 17:4)-FB
ORDER2 3 (22:4 - 22:7)-FB
ORDER2 1

ORDER2 3 (1:10)-FB-FB
ORDER2 3 (2:5)-FB-FB
ORDER2 3 (2:10)-FB-FB
ORDER2 3 (1 - 3:1)-FB
ORDER2 3 (17:1 - 17:4)-FB
ORDER2 3 (22:4 - 22:7)-FB
CW 6 *** added ***
ORDER2 1

CORONA III/CARLOS ARAUJO CARVALHO

ORDER2 1
ORDER2 5

CW 7 *** added ***
ORDER2 1
ORDER2 5

HEAVY/DENNIS MURRAY

ORDER2 9 (1:5)-FB-FB
ORDER2 9 (1:10)-FB-FB
ORDER2 9 (2:5)-FB-FB
ORDER2 9 (1 - 2)-FB
{ORDER2 1}

ORDER2 9 (1:5)-FB-FB
ORDER2 9 (1:10)-FB-FB
ORDER2 9 (2:5)-FB-FB
ORDER2 9 (1 - 2)-FB
{CW 6 -BTS} *** added ***
CW 7 *** added ***
ORDER2 1 *** moved {} to CW 6

MAUL/JAMAL PEOPLES

ORDER2 1
ORDER2 4

CW 6 *** added ***
CW 7 *** added ***
ORDER2 1
ORDER2 4

PIERCE/PAM

ORDER2 1

CW 6 *** added ***
CW 7 *** added ***
ORDER2 1

APHRODITE CLONE

CW 6
CW 7 *** definitely delete this ***

Delete the whole thing or change to:-

APHRODITE (ORDER) *** new title ***

CW 6 -BTS *** BTS added ***

HERCULES CLONE

CW 6
CW 7

HERCULES (ORDER) *** new title ***

CW 6
CW 7

Delete HERMES CLONE and POSEIDON CLONE

If you agree that Anthem isn't in CW 7 then:-
ANTHEM/HENRY HELLRUNG

ORDER2 1(???)-FB *** already changed by topic 'Hellrung/Stark flashbacks in The Order #1'
{CW 7} *** delete this ***
IM5 11-FB
ORDER2 1 (1 - 3:1)-FB
ORDER2 1 (9:6)-FB
ORDER2 1 (25:3 - 25:5)-FB
ORDER2 2 (1 - 3:1)-FB-BTS
ORDER2 2 (22:2 - 22:5)-FB-BTS
ORDER2 2 (9)-FB
ORDER2 6-FB-VO
ORDER2 9-FB-VO
ORDER2 1

ORDER2 1(???)-FB
IM5 11-FB
ORDER2 1 (1 - 3:1)-FB
ORDER2 1 (9:6)-FB
ORDER2 1 (25:3 - 25:5)-FB
ORDER2 2 (1 - 3:1)-FB-BTS
ORDER2 2 (22:2 - 22:5)-FB-BTS
ORDER2 2 (9)-FB
ORDER2 6-FB-VO
ORDER2 9-FB-VO
{ORDER2 1} *** gained the {} ***

Last of all
BANNERMAN BROWN and BANNERMAN GREEN

ORDER2 1 (1 - 14)

CW 7 *** added ***
ORDER2 1 (1 - 14)

It is really beyond the scope of this topic but you might wish to take note of the suggestion in the Unofficial Appendix that these Bannermen are the same as those in Marvel Boy (2000) #2. Then there were 3 Bannermen. Only Bannerman White was named, and he got destroyed.

If you agree with that then

BANNERMAN BROWN and BANNERMAN GREEN

MB2 2 *** added ***
CW 7 *** added ***
ORDER2 1 (1 - 14)

And for completeness you might want:-

BANNERMAN WHITE *** added ***

MB2 2