Avengers Season One

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

intp
Big Bad
Big Bad

Avengers Season One

Post by intp »

I apologize if this question is already answered elsewhere, but I wasn't able to find an answer on a quick Internet search, a search of these forums, or on the site FAQ.

Is the story Avengers: Season One by Peter David considered canon? I suspect not, inasmuch as it is not listed in the current "key" for the project, and the story itself seems fairly goofy and superfluous.

In fact, are any of the "Season One" books of any significance to canon? Sadly, I bought them all a while ago without even knowing and now may have cause to regret it. Avengers is the first that I've actually read. I bought them based on Marvel's representations in press releases that these were 'in continuity' stories but now I have serious doubts.
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Avengers Season One

Post by Col_Fury »

I can't find a link at the moment, but no, the Season One books aren't considered canon to the main Marvel Universe.

If I recall correctly, they're intended as a primer for people drawn to comics from the movies. They generally recap/update origin stories.

I haven't read all of them, but I liked the Fantastic Four one.
-Daron Jensen
Michael
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Michael »

Avengers Season One is discussed here:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7103
intp
Big Bad
Big Bad

Post by intp »

Okay, glad to hear it inasmuch as I didn't like the story in Avengers: Season One; but at the same time, now I have to get rid of all of these volumes (I'll read the rest first before deciding for sure but I rarely like these 'modernized retelling' stories, like X-Men First Class, for example. I much prefer flashback stories that fit neatly into existing continuity, like Spider-Man/Human Torch by Dan Slott).

I kinda had my doubts because Ulik didn't appear until Thor # 137, and there Thor had never even met him before, and Thor # 137 occurs long, long after Thor left the Avengers in # 16.