Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

lettsmonster
Big Bad
Big Bad

Doctor Strange/Onlaught tie-in in XU 12

Post by lettsmonster »

Hello all!
I am currently reading the Doctor Strange appearances in late 1996 and early 1997. I am curious as to why the Doctor Strange appearance in XU 12, an Onslaught Impact crossover, is listed so late in the character's chronology.

In this issue, Doctor Strange travels to Xavier's mansion to investigate a disturbance in the mystic ether. The source, he discovers, is the crimson gem of Cytorrak with the Juggernaut imprisoned inside. Onslaught traps the Juggernaut within the gem at the end of X 54. As stated on page 36 of XU 12, it has only been about 48 hours since the Juggernaut was imprisoned that this story occurs. Doctor Strange only first discovers anything about Onslaught by using the Eye of Agamotto to replay the events of X 54.

I think this issue need to be placed sometime before Doctor Strange's appearance in TM/U 1. On the final pages of this issue, Strange reminisces about the heroes that were "killed" in the battle against Onslaught. This event definitely seems to occur after XU 12.

As always, thanks for listening! Lettsmonster
Somebody
Director
Director

Re: Doctor Strange/Onlaught tie-in in XU 12

Post by Somebody »

Isn't it simply that the entire crossover, from Juggernaut being trapped to the Heroes Reborn, takes less than 48 hours in-continuity? It isn't a story where days pass.
lettsmonster
Big Bad
Big Bad

Re: Doctor Strange/Onlaught tie-in in XU 12

Post by lettsmonster »

True.

But that is why I also compared XU 12 and TM/U 1. In XU 12 Doctor Strange had never even heard of Onslaught. In TM/U 1, Strange is playing chess with Wong and grieving for the fallen victims of Onslaught.