Spider-Man in Torment and Powerless

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

AlexEvangeli
Minion
Minion

Spider-Man in Torment and Powerless

Post by AlexEvangeli »

I noticed on the chronology page for Spider-Man ASM #340 which kicks off the Powerless arc occurs a very long time after the Revenge of the Sinister Six, even though ASm #340 claims that happened 'a few days ago'. At the same time Spider-Man Torment occurs in that time period. I'd always assumed it was realistic for Torment to have had a notable time skip after it to give Spidey time to recover physically and mentally. This kind of narrows that gap.

Finally Spec #171-172 happen after Powerless on the Chronology and again I'm just wondering why. Looking at the MJ stuff in that issue it sort of makes more sense that it happened before Powerless.

I'm just wondering why those two stories were placed where they were.
Michael
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Re: Spider-Man in Torment and Powerless

Post by Michael »

The reason why Spectacular Spider-Man 171-172 happens after Powerless is because in Powerless Jonah doesn't seem to have the Bugle back yet but in Spectacular Spider-Man 171-172 Jonah gets the Bugle back from Thomas Fireheart.
AlexEvangeli
Minion
Minion

Re: Spider-Man in Torment and Powerless

Post by AlexEvangeli »

Michael wrote:The reason why Spectacular Spider-Man 171-172 happens after Powerless is because in Powerless Jonah doesn't seem to have the Bugle back yet but in Spectacular Spider-Man 171-172 Jonah gets the Bugle back from Thomas Fireheart.
Ah ok.

But what about the other stuff I inquired about like Torment?