Spidey confusion. Mantlo/Wolfman and MTU

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

Russ Chappell
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Spidey confusion. Mantlo/Wolfman and MTU

Post by Russ Chappell »

AlexEvangeli wrote: I deeply apologise if I have offended you or anyone else. That was not my intention. And again, I was simply trying to clarify something for myself due to the confusion. For whatever it is worth, long before I discovered this site I had a similar policy of using other official chronologies I found (not for Marvel comics) as skeletons, but I myself adjusted them based upon stuff in the stories themselves because as you say, even the official stuff was written by humans who make mistakes.
Whoa, Alex! No one's offended by anything you've said. I apologize if I've somehow given you the impression that you've offended someone. You're doing things exactly the right way. You're bringing something to our attention and causing us to re-examine it. If we reach the conclusion that the listings are wrong, we'll change them. If we reach the conclusion that the listings are right, we invite and encourage you to explore deeper. You can't do anything here but make the Project stronger and better, and for that, we appreciate you and encourage you.

I know there are some fan sites on the web that can take the attitude of "How dare you challenge our wisdom and authority? Do a little research next time, before questioning us!", but I don't want this site to be like that.
I can't promise you that things will improve, if we make changes;
I can promise you that they won't improve, if we don't.

Adventures in the Marvelous Zone! A Girl's View of the Marvel Universe
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

Keep it up, Alex! You're doing great. :)
-Daron Jensen
AlexEvangeli
Minion
Minion

Post by AlexEvangeli »

I think this might’ve simply been a case of corresponding in written text allows us to have misfires verbal conversation would avoid.

Again, I wasn’t trying to re-write the chronology, just figure things out for myself. On other threads I’ve asked for clarification as to why certain things are where they are, e.g. the placement of the Back in Black issues.