Misplaced Thunderbolts?

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

robfj
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Misplaced Thunderbolts?

Post by robfj »

I'm still checking appearances of the Secret Invasion Skrulls before SI.

There has to be something wrong with the following set of chronologies:-

SPIDER-WOMAN IMPOSTER/VERANKE
PULSE 13
NTB 13-FB
NTB 14 (8 - 20)-FB
NTB 13
NTB 14
M/HOL 2005/2
NA 21 (2:4)-FB
FNSM 2
FNSM 3

YELLOWJACKET IMPOSTER/CRITI NOLL
HOM 8-VO
M/HOL 2005/2
BEYOND 1
BEYOND 2
BEYOND 3
BEYOND 4
BEYOND 5
BEYOND 6
FNSM 2
NTB 14-FB
NTB 13-FB
NTB 14
FNSM 4

JARVIS, EDWIN IMPOSTER
PULSE 12-BTS
M/HOL 2005/2
ASM 525
FNSM 3

Veranke and Criti Noll seem to totally disagree about the position of NTB 13-14. Even though V and CN aren't usually in the same scenes their apps can't be separated that far because they do share the final NTB 14 scene which is p21. And the whole 2 issues including flashbacks are only spread across 2 consecutive days.

(By the way this series is NTB in the character chronologies and key but TB2 in the issue search. I keep coming across these discrepancies, which require me to find the issues indirectly by locating an issue next to them in the chronology - at which point I learn what the alternative code is. Why are the codes different?)

I went to the Calendar for a clue as to the intended order, and some reasons why. It has:-
PULSE 12-13 Aug 4
ASM 525 Aug 7
FNSM 2 Aug 7
NTB 13-14 Aug 8-9
M/HOL 2005/2 Aug 10
BEYOND 1-6 Aug 11
FNSM 3 Aug 16

ASM 525 and FNSM 2-3 are all part of the Other story arc running across all the Spider-Man titles. But ASM 525 and FNSM 2 are part of the build-up with Peter Parker feeling unwell and so can be separated from FNSM 3.
M/HOL 2005/2 has to be after PULSE 12-13 because Jessica Jones' baby has been born. and before BEYOND because Gravity is in it and he gets 'killed' in the BEYOND series.
NTB 13-14 is placed after FNSM 2 because in NTB 14 CN/YJ says he's just planted bugs (for the CSA) in the FF's Baxter Building, and his only documented opportunity for this is when he went there in FNSM 2 to help diagnose PP's problem.

None of the chronologies match the Calendar exactly. Veranke has FNSM 2 out of place. Criti Noll has the M/HOL+BEYOND group switched round with the FNSM2+NTB group. Jarvis has M/HOL and ASM exchanged. Considering things instead from the point of view of the declared connections only Veranke is wrong with NTB before FNSM 2.

So I'll opt for moving NTB to after FNSM 2 in V's sequence, giving an overall agreed timeline:-
HOM 8-VO
PULSE 12-13
M/HOL 2005/2
NA 21 (2:4)-FB
BEYOND 1-6
ASM 525
FNSM 2
NTB 13-14
FNSM 3-4
The only loose link in the sequence is whether NA 21 (2:4)-FB comes before or after BEYOND 1-6, and Spider-Man's sequence confirms the order shown is correct.

Criti Noll and Jarvis's chronologies remain unchanged. The amendment to Veranke is:-

SPIDER-WOMAN IMPOSTER/VERANKE
Current:-
PULSE 13
NTB 13-FB
NTB 14 (8 - 20)-FB
NTB 13
NTB 14
M/HOL 2005/2 } move
NA 21 (2:4)-FB } from here
FNSM 2
FNSM 3
Changed to:-
PULSE 13
M/HOL 2005/2 } moved
NA 21 (2:4)-FB } to here
NTB 13-FB
NTB 14 (8 - 20)-FB
NTB 13
NTB 14
FNSM 2
FNSM 3
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Misplaced Thunderbolts?

Post by Col_Fury »

Thanks, robfj!
robfj wrote:By the way this series is NTB in the character chronologies and key but TB2 in the issue search. I keep coming across these discrepancies, which require me to find the issues indirectly by locating an issue next to them in the chronology - at which point I learn what the alternative code is. Why are the codes different?
It's a temporary difference.

The site is updated far more often than the search is, and we're in the middle of a ~~SUPER SECRET~~ overhaul of the MCP listings. Once that's finished the search will be updated and everything will agree again.

Sshhh… 8-)
-Daron Jensen