SECRET WARS

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: SECRET WARS

Post by Col_Fury »

Hank Pym leaves town and is brought to the shield in AOUV.M/Z; this is mentioned as already having had happened in 1872, and Tony Stark uses Hank's old workshop to make his Iron Man armor in 1872.
-Daron Jensen
wolverine7230
Big Bad
Big Bad

Post by wolverine7230 »

But doesn't AOUV.MZ take place over a quite large timespan? So surely 1872 could happen between scenes.
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

1872 could take place during AOUV.M/Z, sure.

Are there any characters that appear in both series (outside of flashbacks), where their chronologies would be affected? I know Pym (from AOUV.M/Z) of that domain is mentioned in 1872 but doesn't appear in 1872. Wasp of that domain appears in AOUV.M/Z, but I didn't see her in 1872.
-Daron Jensen
wolverine7230
Big Bad
Big Bad

Post by wolverine7230 »

I don't think there's any other character overlap...
wolverine7230
Big Bad
Big Bad

Post by wolverine7230 »

Anyone looked at making a timeline of the day of the incursion?
I'm in the process of making one, but there's so much to cram into that "one hour" timespan, it's definitely open to interpretation. So if anyone else has started any work, or would like to look over mine when it's done, it would be appreciated.
Thanks,
-David
Beifica
Hero
Hero

Post by Beifica »

Hello.

I can't find any reference to Old Man Logan in Secret Wars #2. Can someone tell me what is being considered reference, leading to the splitting of Old Man Logan #3 at page 11?

Thank you

Edit 1: Ok so I've read SECWARS #3 and Old Man Logan is referenced by Strange on the very first panel of the issue. So yeah, the reference comes from issue #3 and not #2

Edit 2: Also, this may be explained in future issues which I haven't reached yet but I'll ask anyway - why are there several zombie versions of the same character? Shouldn't it be just one? I'm not 100% familiar with Marvel Zombies, I know that it goes into multiverse territory iirc, so that maybe explains it.
Beifica
Hero
Hero

Post by Beifica »

Ok so I've read the full Secret Wars event and am now reading some of the stories from battleworld that spark my interest.

the Red Skull v2 1-3 story must happen after MZ Vs AoU 1-4 story.

In Red Skull v2 #1 America Chavez appears as part of the SHIELD rangers (as a flashback) so it should happen after SIEGE v2 #1
In Red Skull v2 #3 The Red Skull tells some zombies that they could've allied themselves with him but they chose to ally with Ultron (as seen in the MZ Vs AoU story).

Long story short, I think Red Skull should be placed immediately after MZ Vs AoU