Magneto v3 #10 flashbacks?

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

wolverine7230
Big Bad
Big Bad

Magneto v3 #10 flashbacks?

Post by wolverine7230 »

In Magneto #10, the Red Skull uses Psychic Torture to attack Magneto, invading his memories to try and break him. Are these memories canon, up until the point at which they are invaded?
The memories:
-Magneto holds his grand-daughter, Luna, revealing to Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver that he is their father.
-Magneto tries to save his daughter Anya from their burning house, but is stopped by KGB Agents, and Anya dies.
-Magneto and Rogue are in the Savage Land (no idea what this one is about).
-Sentinels attack a mutant colony (Genosha during E is for Extinction?) and Magneto's followers force him into a bunker.

Out of these, I could see part of the first one being canon, the second and third one can't be canon as they are clearly "corrupted" memories. And as for the fourth, I can see that entirely being canon. But I'm no expert on Magneto's chronology, so a second opinion would be appreciated.

Thanks,
-David
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Magneto v3 #10 flashbacks?

Post by Col_Fury »

These are all reminder flashbacks to scenes previously seen in other comics.

The Luna scene is from an issue of Vision & Scarlet Witch (I forget which volume & issue #).
The Anya scene is from a Classic X-Men backup strip.
The Rogue scene is from Uncanny X-Men #269 (or thereabouts).
The Genosha scene is from the area you pointed out, but I'm not sure if this specific thing was depicted somewhere already; this might be new.

Depending on how "corrupted" the memories are would be up to interpretation, I guess. Also, they'd have to be compared to the original scenes to see if there's any new information (assuming they aren't hallucinations based on memories, or whatever).
-Daron Jensen
Michael
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Michael »

Col_Fury wrote:These are all reminder flashbacks to scenes previously seen in other comics.

The Luna scene is from an issue of Vision & Scarlet Witch (I forget which volume & issue #).
Volume 1, issue 4.
wolverine7230
Big Bad
Big Bad

Post by wolverine7230 »

Thanks,
I know for sure that the Genosha scene wasn't shown in the original E is for Extinction arc, but it may have been shown through flashback later, I don't know to be honest.

I think it is canon, as the memory doesn't seem corrupted at all, it's just that after Magneto enters the bunker, Hot is taunts him about not being able to save anyone. Today I'll compare the others with the originals, and see what differences I can find.