Camelot in Thunderbolts

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

Russ Chappell
Site Admin
Site Admin

Camelot in Thunderbolts

Post by Russ Chappell »

Any thoughts on the placement of the Camelot characters in Thunderbolts 169-170?

Appearing are Arthur, Merlin, Black Knight, Lancelot, Galahad, Gawain, Kay, and Guinevere.
I can't promise you that things will improve, if we make changes;
I can promise you that they won't improve, if we don't.

Adventures in the Marvelous Zone! A Girl's View of the Marvel Universe
wolframbane
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Re: Camelot in Thunderbolts

Post by wolframbane »

In terms of where the story occurs during Arthurian lore, if we use "Le Morte Darthur" as a reference, it would likely occur late in the Arthurian saga during the Grail Quest, as they make mention of that event being underway, and the appearance of Galahad, who joined the Knights of the Round Table at the start of that quest, but before Lancelot's relationship with Guinevere was discovered, which occurred shortly after the end of the Grail Quest and led to the downfall of Camelot. Modred was mentioned as having plotted against Arthur, but in Le Morte Darthur his evil was not fully revealed until he revealed Lancelot's betrayal, yet in the MU the treachery of Modred was known while he was still with KOTRT, so this is not an issue. Kay also knows Sir Percy is the Black Knight, whose identity was a secret, but there is no indication anyone else but Kay knew. The story occurs in 537 AD, and the Battle of Camlann with ended the Arthurian saga, occurred either in 537, 539 or 542, depending upon the source.

For my Marvel Timeline, I have been doing some research into the dated timeline and chronology of the Arthurian period. Probably the best place for the events of TB #168-170 would be after Black Knight v1 #5/4, but before the various events that lead up to the fall of Camelot, like Avengers Ann #20/2.