Spider-Man Super Specials (1995)

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

PunyBanner
Hero
Hero

Spider-Man Super Specials (1995)

Post by PunyBanner »

According to the new Spider-Man: Clone Saga Omnibus Vol. 2, the "Planet of the Symbiotes" storyline in the various Spider-Man Super Specials takes place between pages 11-12 of Spectacular Spider-Man 226. After Peter is exonerated from the murder charges but before the testing with Seward Trainer where he finds out he is the "clone". This is a much better placement than what is currently listed for Spider-Man in the MCP.
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Re: Spider-Man Super Specials (1995)

Post by JephYork »

That Omnibus placement was my doing, by the way. The story's former placement, between ASM #399-400, didn't make sense to me: Ben Reilly first introduces himself to MJ, and unmasks in front of her, at the end of ASM #400. Later, at the end of Spectacular #226, Ben is "revealed" to be the original Peter.

Yet in the Super Specials, he's hanging around unmasked with Peter and MJ, and he considers himself the clone. So it needed to be moved to after ASM #400 yet still before the end of Spectacular #226 -- and "during Spec #226" was the only slot where Peter wasn't in jail.

(EDIT: heh. Looks like I'm the guy who suggested moving the Super Specials *to* between ASM #399-400, back in 2010. I guess I missed the "unmasked Ben" clues. Prior to 2010 they were between Spec #228-229, which was definitely wrong, since at that point Ben thinks he's the original Peter Parker.)
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Spider-Man Super Specials (1995)

Post by Col_Fury »

Ain't time funny like that? :lol:
-Daron Jensen