Nick Fury in Godzilla 1

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

StrayLamb
Director
Director

Nick Fury in Godzilla 1

Post by StrayLamb »

The Nick Fury listing has Godzilla 1 placed after Captain Britain 15-27.

The Iron Man listing has Godzilla 3 occuring between Avengers 162 & Iron Man Annual 4, prior to Avengers 163-166. Black Widow and Hercules listings also place Godzilla 3 at this same point.

The Captain America listing has Captain Britain 15-27 occuring after Avengers 163-166.

Therefore, Nick Fury's appearance in Godzilla 1 cannot occur after Captain Britain 15-27.

I suggest Nick Fury's listing be corrected as follows, in order to clear up this conundrum..

M/TIO 34
IH2 212 *Move To Here
NFAOS3 36 (15:1)-FB *Move To Here
GZILL 1 *Move To Here

CB 15
CB 17
CB 18
CB 19-FB
CB 19
CB 20
CB 21
CB 22
CB 23
CB 24
CB 25
CB 26
CB 27
IH2 212 *Move from Here
NFAOS3 36 (15:1)-FB *Move from Here
GZILL 1 *Move from Here

IM 105
Out in the Land Down-Under, beneath a rocky outcrop, deep within the back paddock, dwells the Stray Lamb.
Russ Chappell
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Nick Fury in Godzilla 1

Post by Russ Chappell »

Stray Lamb,

Thanks, but please take note of this first.
I can't promise you that things will improve, if we make changes;
I can promise you that they won't improve, if we don't.

Adventures in the Marvelous Zone! A Girl's View of the Marvel Universe
StrayLamb
Director
Director

Post by StrayLamb »

Hi Russ,

I have read that.. was there a particular problem with my pointing out the apparent error in Fury's chronology, amongst others?

As i understand it, according to your rules, you want corroborating evidence of an error, which i have provided, along with a possible solution to the error, which i have also provided. If i have missed something in the character's chronologies, and it is pointed out to me, all well and good. Sometime's it's easy to overlook a random comment amongst several pages of comics.

Before i place a comment, i dilligently search the site to the best of my ability to see if the problem has already been addressed.

If it's because i haven't stated that i have personally read all of the issues concerned, then for the record, i have all of the issues in front of me, upon which i have placed comments, frequently spread out on the floor around me. Though i am new to this forum, i am not new to comic collecting, having been actively collecting and reading Marvel Comics since 1970. Recently, finding myself with more time on my hands, i have been re-reading comics from the early to mid 1970's, and have noticed a number of errors, primarily in the chronologies of minor characters. I believe that some of these errors have occured during reshuffles within major character chronologies, with the minor characters being overlooked, for instance the recent reshuffle of Captain Britain to later in Captain America's and Nick Fury's chronologies.

This site is a tremendous tool for those of us who are reading older comics, and i applaud the work which you and others have put into it over the years. I have been sending my thoughts merely in order to make your site as accurate as possible.

Nick Smiles
Central Wheatbelt, Western Australia.
Out in the Land Down-Under, beneath a rocky outcrop, deep within the back paddock, dwells the Stray Lamb.
Russ Chappell
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Russ Chappell »

StrayLamb wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:26 pm Hi Russ,

I have read that.. was there a particular problem with my pointing out the apparent error in Fury's chronology, amongst others?
The post that I directed you to had this, in big letters:
When alerting us to a potential error, please include a statement telling us, among the books mentioned in your post, which ones you have, and which ones you don't have.
StrayLamb wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:26 pm If it's because i haven't stated that i have personally read all of the issues concerned, then for the record, i have all of the issues in front of me, upon which i have placed comments, frequently spread out on the floor around me.
Yes! There! That's what we're looking for. Thanks.
I can't promise you that things will improve, if we make changes;
I can promise you that they won't improve, if we don't.

Adventures in the Marvelous Zone! A Girl's View of the Marvel Universe
StrayLamb
Director
Director

Post by StrayLamb »

Okay, sorry - me slow on uptake.. Hulk thinks he now on same page.. :mrgreen: