New Avengers Annual #2 -- what the #$%^&!?

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

Somebody
Director
Director

Re: New Avengers Annual #2 -- what the #$%^&!?

Post by Somebody »

File under "just checking" :)
http://forum.newsarama.com/showpost.php?p=5553751 wrote:Somebody: Strange wasn't living in Greenwich Village in that scene, he was just visiting because of "Nightmare's herd", correct? He's still in whatever isolation he popped off to at the end of the New Avengers Annual most of the time?

J[oe] C[asey]: You got it, Somebody. He was compelled to return to try and protect his home turf.
Russ Chappell
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Russ Chappell »

Somebody wrote:File under "just checking" :)
Gotta love the internet. 8-)

watching: showbiz tonight
I can't promise you that things will improve, if we make changes;
I can promise you that they won't improve, if we don't.

Adventures in the Marvelous Zone! A Girl's View of the Marvel Universe
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by JephYork »

Dr. Strange's prominent role in the last few "Avengers/Invaders" solicits is starting to raise some flags in my head...

-Jeph!
morwen
Minion
Minion

Post by morwen »

jephyork wrote:Dr. Strange's prominent role in the last few "Avengers/Invaders" solicits is starting to raise some flags in my head...

-Jeph!
And A/I 2 has the New Avengers, including red-and-blue-suit Spidey, hanging at Doctor Strange's.

Is the least-energy solution to assume that NA's depiction of Spider-man wearing black, and showing his face, is the error? Let us pretend that stopped happening a few issues before. There's an entire era here, of stories where the status quo is post-OMD but pre-NA@2.
Somebody
Director
Director

Post by Somebody »

morwen wrote:Is the least-energy solution to assume that NA's depiction of Spider-man wearing black, and showing his face, is the error? Let us pretend that stopped happening a few issues before. There's an entire era here, of stories where the status quo is post-OMD but pre-NA@2.
Yes. That's what I've held to be the least-worst solution practically from the start...
Paul Bourcier
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by Paul Bourcier »

Still "wait and see" for me. I'm thinking Strange keeps letting his self-imposed exile get interrupted for various reasons. Let's see...we have:
GSASTONX 1
FF 556-557
LDEF 3
ASM 555-FB
Then A/INV 2 shows the New Avengers occupying the Sanctum (no Strange yet)

No wonder he's not getting better. We'll have to see how Secret Invasion shakes out. Did you guys catch the winning explanation for Strange being in ASM 555-FB?
Paul B.
Somebody
Director
Director

Post by Somebody »

The only one of those which doesn't show Strange at levels at least comparable to normal is Last Defenders - which is ALSO the only one to explicitly follow NA@ 2, and which ALSO explicitly states Strange ISN'T living at the Sanctum, nor in the company of others.
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

Paul Bourcier wrote:I'm thinking Strange keeps letting his self-imposed exile get interrupted for various reasons. Let's see... No wonder he's not getting better.
That's what I'm saying. :)
Paul Bourcier wrote:Did you guys catch the winning explanation for Strange being in ASM 555-FB?
Tom Huxley @ ASM 561 wrote:Despite having quit the Avengers, Dr. Strange invites Spidey & Logan over for breakfast every morning just because he secretly enjoys watching the look on Wong's face as he realizes he's going to have to tidy up after them.
-Daron Jensen
Somebody
Director
Director

*sigh*

Post by Somebody »

That's an "it's magic, we don't have to explain it"-quality explanation that is.
Kevin W.
Director
Director

Re: *sigh*

Post by Kevin W. »

Somebody wrote:That's an "it's magic, we don't have to explain it"-quality explanation that is.
Should've guessed that would be the case. Looks like it's up to us then, to sort things out.

I'm still waiting for a rationale explanation to the amount of time that's passed!
Keeping track of Bendis References since 2001!
morwen
Minion
Minion

Post by morwen »

Paul Bourcier wrote: Then A/INV 2 shows the New Avengers occupying the Sanctum (no Strange yet)
A/INV 3 preview shows
Spoiler:
Dr. Strange with the Cageist Avengers, interacting with Jessica Drew (who is part of the Starkist faction), and Spider-Man in red and blue.