Black Panther Annual 1

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Black Panther Annual 1

Post by Col_Fury »

There is no present day portion in this Annual. It takes place in the future at the wedding of T’Challa’s & Ororo’s son to Luke Cage’s daughter. There are FlashBacks to the history of slavery, and Wakanda’s part in it. Then there are FlashBacks to our future, where Wakanda takes over the world.

The Black Panther that appears here doesn’t get a name, but seeing as he’s a Black Panther, he should still get a listing. The earliest one we’ve seen so far was in BP4 1-FB, fighting off invading African forces, then another one later, fighting off invading European forces.

BLACK PANTHER
BP4 1-FB (5th Century)

BLACK PANTHER II
BP@ 1-FB
BP4 1-FB (19th Century)

The dialogue suggests the Europeans didn’t know about Wakanda until the African slave-sellers told them about it. The ancestor of Klaw couldn’t have attacked(as seen in BP4 1-FB) until after the Europeans were informed.

This would require the other Black Panthers to be bumped up a notation each, like so:

BLACK PANTHER III/CHANDA

BLACK PANTHER IV/T'CHAKA

BLACK PANTHER V/T'CHALLA

The Black Panther of the 19th Century sends a letter to various heads of state. Abraham Lincoln and his wife are seen, as is Queen Victoria Hanover:

LINCOLN, ABRAHAM
*BP@ 1-FB
M/CP 161

TODD, MARY
BP@ 1-FB

QUEEN VICTORIA HANOVER
BP@ 1-FB

The Golden Frogs appear here... they would get listings, right? They're sentient, but they really don't have names. I guess we could just list them under 'Golden Frog', and if so, this Annual appearance would go at least before their appearances in BP4.(they're time travelling frogs) I'm not sure if this would go before their Kirby Panther appearances or not, though. I don't have those issues. If it matters, King Solomon also appears. It's still in the future, as it follows one of the frog's chat with the future Uatu.

Oh yeah, Uatu the Watcher is seen in the future, but being that it’s in the future, there’s no placement to suggest. I just thought I’d throw that out there for all you Uatu collectors. :wink:
-Daron Jensen
wolframbane
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Re: Black Panther Annual 1

Post by wolframbane »

Col_Fury wrote: The Black Panther of the 19th Century sends a letter to various heads of state. Abraham Lincoln and his wife are seen, as is Queen Victoria Hanover:

QUEEN VICTORIA HANOVER
BP@ 1-FB
Queen Victoria also appeared in Howard the Duck v3 #3, first as a flashback, then later as a spirit. She was a possessor of the Doucheblade, which is later given the more politically correct name of "Gub-gala-emegir," which in Sumerian roughly translates as "Cleansing Blade," according to the Pazuzu entry of Marvel Zombies: The Book of Angels, Demons, & Various Monstrosities. I would suggest:

QUEEN VICTORIA HANOVER
BP@ 1-FB
HTD3 3

Other possessors of the blade (which is an obvious parody of Witchblade) are Jane Austen, Hatshesut of Egypt, Hippolyte (Hippolyta), Howard the Duck, Joan of Arc, Queen Victoria, Suzi Pazuzu, Eleanor Roosevelt and Vicki of Humbabu.
http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix3/amuletofpazuzu.htm

We may be able to find a place for the appearance of Hippolyte somewhere. Do any of the other characters appear anywhere?