Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

metaldragon
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

X-Men: First Class v2 #10

Post by metaldragon »

Preview:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/ ... i?id=13449

Since Professor X is shown only talking to Cyclops about Cerebro, it could be set anytime after UX 9 but that's only the opening pages of the story of course (after UX 11 otherwise). In the flashback page, they're on a "field trip" in Mexico investigating the Chupacabra (legendary Mexican goat eating demon... one appears to be hiding behind a plant near them!) where all but Cyclops (and Professor X) drink something and contract Montezuma's revenge (the trots). The rest of the pages takes place at Xavier's and the Blue Ridge Mts in West Virginia.
"May the Light shine forever!"
metaldragon
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Re: X-Men: First Class v2 #10

Post by metaldragon »

There isn't too much else to go on in the story. This is the first time Professor X has had to send any of them on a solo mission and he tells Cyclops that "If I could only have sent one of you to face this, I would have still chosen you. You can handle this." Could go any time after UX 9 really.

Possible placements:
UX 9 & 10: earliest possible placement because of Cerebro. Dialog in UX 10 says they've been "inactive for weeks" though but you could still place it right after UX 9 maybe...
UX 10 & 11: On their way back from the Savage Land they stop in Mexico? If we place it in one of these spots, the line by Bobby in X:FC 7- "Uh... Maybe he's got a stomach thing." could be a reference to this story! :wink:

Sometime between UX 17 & 18 with the bulk of the X:FC stories? Cerebro (and most of the mansion post X:FC 6-8!) is under repairs during this period but still functional...

X:FC 1 & UX 22: Possibly after Scott's bout of self-doubt & final Cerebro repairs in UX 20-21 and their other field trip in X:FC 1? Since they're not worried about the Brotherhood finding Frederick (I know- lack of evidence... etc. Still...) this might also be a good spot.
"May the Light shine forever!"
Somebody
Director
Director

Post by Somebody »

Between #10 & #11 sounds best to me.
wolframbane
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by wolframbane »

metaldragon wrote:Sometime between UX 17 & 18 with the bulk of the X:FC stories? Cerebro (and most of the mansion post X:FC 6-8!) be under repairs during this period but still functional...
This era seems to be getting a bit crowded, and a lot of events seemed to be getting necessarily stuffed into a brief period of time. So if the story fits well somewhere else. more power to it.