Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

lchaberstich
Supporting Character
Supporting Character

On Death's Head II

Post by lchaberstich »

Love the site, long-time haunter.

Well, I saw that the Death's Head II comics had been added so I checked the Death's Head II listing and found only Nick Fury v3 1-6. I discover that the chronology for the DHII, DHII2 character is listed under MINION by searching this board. Confusing, but true. Would it be helpful to indicate that Death's Head II (comic) is Minion on the page?

Then, out of curiosity, I web-fu NF3 1-6 and it appears that the Death's Head Guards/Squadron in those issues were actually a linked-mind alien race called Gnobians. (What's a Gnobian? 8-) ) Checking my handybook for Gnobians, I find that the Death's Head Squadron were driven insane when their "mother" mindlinked with Baron von Strucker and that they killed Dum Dum Dugan during the storyline. Dugan returned sans explanation a bit later. Hmmm, says I.

Additionally, there's a note on the handbook entry that says it's been suggested (Fury #1) that the Gnobians were entirely fabricated by Arnim Zola, though that'd leave a few things unexplained including a Gnobian S.H.I.E.L.D. agent called Lump and the alien tech that led to LMDs. I wonder if any of this might resurface during this summer's Marvel event. :idea:

All speculative tangents aside, is the Death's Head II listing for the entire Gnobian Death's Head Squadron? I've not actually read the issues, but I think I'll have to dig them up now. :wink:
Somebody
Director
Director

Re: On Death's Head II

Post by Somebody »

Yes.

It's a inherent problem when you separate same-name characters by Roman numerals at the end of their name that a character who actually has Roman numerals at the end of their name can screw up the system.

We had a discussion here - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2955 - where I asked for a not to be confused with/see Minion" link somewhere around "Death's Head"...