Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

tlynch
Henchman
Henchman

ASM @16 chronology

Post by tlynch »

Hi all,

The current chronology for Spider-Man has ASM @16 immediately following PPTSSM 74, but that's not feasible -- PPTSSM 74 goes directly into PPTSSM 75.

Since the annual appears to be modular, I'd propose that we just swap them, giving:

PPTSS 73
M/TU 124
M/TU 125
ASM 237
ASM@ 16
PPTSS 74
PPTSS 75

Thoughts?

TWL
cweed4
Big Bad
Big Bad

Re: ASM @16 chronology

Post by cweed4 »

This listing must have been recently changed. It had been-
PPTSS 79
ASM@ 16
M/FAN 6

I don't know why it was moved but it was just fine before. If it is altered I would suggest putting it back to its original position.
cweed4
Big Bad
Big Bad

Re: ASM @16 chronology

Post by cweed4 »

Re-read this issue and still don't know why it was moved to its current placement. There are a number of character appearances from the FF+Avengers but nothing relevant to Spidey chronology that suggests it needed to be moved. It has a reference to FF 242 w/ the Baxter building destruction and must precede A 227 w/ Captain Marvel's debut in that book. Not sure if there was a conflict with any of that previously. But, as noted originally, it can't work between 74+75 because of the continuous story there.

The only problem I see with shifting it back to after PPTSS 79 is the suggested movement of M/TU 128 (which also features Cap) in tlynch's other thread*. If that argument is accepted then perhaps ASM@ 16 would need to go in front of PPTSS 74 as tlynch suggests. (It would also avoid the awkward idea of Peter trying to "check out the lovely lady" Ms. Rambeau while his girlfriend Black Cat is laid up in the hospital. :oops: )

*Is it possible to merge these 2 threads :?: