Overhauling GSX & CX

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

Starman
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Re: Overhauling GSX & CX

Post by Starman »

I hope that doesn't mess too much with Wolverine (vol. 2) #144 where it was revealed that right before Wolverine took the mission to fight the Hulk, he was imprisoned by The Leader, but together with Hercules and Karkas managed to escape.
- Stefan
Pro Wrestling (NES):
The super space-traveller Star Man wears a mask and a costume with a color palette that no human being alive would be caught dead in. With his awesome back flip kick to the face and flying head butt, he's the fan-fave.
wolframbane
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by wolframbane »

wolframbane wrote:UX 94 (7) and CX 2 (7-8)
-The new X-Men's training period, astonishingly enough, lasts not just for weeks but for fifteen months, including the winter seen in ASM 143 and 144, M/TIO 8, M/TU 32 and GSDEF 4.
There was mention of reorganizing these events. Rather than 15 months, UX 138 states the neophyte X-Men team trained for "one month."
Nathan P. Mahney
Big Bad
Big Bad

Post by Nathan P. Mahney »

Issue #2 of the new Marvel Index seems to indicate that we can disconnect that 'unknown mission' from GSX 1. They have a long round-up of all the events between X-Men #66 and GSX 1, and it is said that the X-Men are sent to Krakoa after the mission mentioned in earlier issues. (Sorry, I don't have the issue with me, so no specifics.)
- Nathan P. Mahney -
gregorynbaker
Minion
Minion

Post by gregorynbaker »

And then there was X-Men: First Class Finals #4. The last page made me, well... *brickwall*
Somebody
Director
Director

Post by Somebody »

I think "delete the 'One Hour Later' caption" solves virtually all of the problems, yes?
Ocean Doot
Big Bad
Big Bad

Post by Ocean Doot »

"UX 115 (16:4-17:5)
-The X-Men prepare to leave the Savage Land, but it's snowing!
(CX 22/2 is currently placed within UX 116, but there's no place for this story in that issue. It has to go before it starts snowing, and since it starts snowing at the end of UX 115 and throughout UX 116, it has to go between between UX 115 (16:3) & (16:4))"

Eek! NO!

CX 22/2 takes place in between the final two pages of UX 116. See the final page of 116: "A fortnight later, after the ice has thawed ..." So there is two weeks in between page 16 and page 17 of UX 116.

The CX 22 backup story takes place during that two week gap. It is clearly, from context, AFTER the big confrontation with Garrokk. (Storm is feeling guilty about letting him die.)
metaldragon
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by metaldragon »

Somebody wrote:I think "delete the 'One Hour Later' caption" solves virtually all of the problems, yes?
Um... no. The entire story, especially the last book have other problems. I'd say keep the caption but make everything before it Jean's dream.
"May the Light shine forever!"