Avengers: Fairy Tales #4

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Paul Bourcier, Kevin W., Col_Fury, Arthur, JephYork, Somebody

Locked
User avatar
Somebody
Director
Director
Posts: 3032
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:48 pm
Location: Scotland
Contact:

Avengers: Fairy Tales #4

Post by Somebody » Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:53 am

Avengers: Fairy Tales #4 appears to have an in-continuity framing sequence (set, given She-Hulk's costume and the fact that it involves an intact Avengers Mansion, some time during the Johns or Austen Avengers v3 runs): http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page ... disp=table

The specific page (she "wakes up" as a kid in Oz on the next page):
Image

Did any of the earlier issues have similar framing sequences?

Paul Bourcier
Director
Director
Posts: 5424
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2004 6:51 am
Location: Florida

Re: Avengers: Fairy Tales #4

Post by Paul Bourcier » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:46 pm

The costume She-Hulk wears here first appeared in the Red Zone storyline (starting in A3 65), and that resulted in the She-Hulk going missing until the Search for She-Hulk storyline (ending in A3 75), which was probably followed closely by A3 76.

I'd place this between A3 76 and 77, and the revenge Whirlwind is seeking is for the thrashing the Wasp gave him in A3 71.

Good question about other framing sequences in this series. Can anyone shed light on this?
Paul B.

JD
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru
Posts: 425
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:01 am

Re: Avengers: Fairy Tales #4

Post by JD » Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:21 pm

The only other issue with a "normal continuity" framing sequence is #1, where Wanda narrates the story to some kids. She's in her classic costume (full pink bodysuit, red leotard, gloves and boots, red hairpiece, no cape).

User avatar
Somebody
Director
Director
Posts: 3032
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:48 pm
Location: Scotland
Contact:

Re: Avengers: Fairy Tales #4

Post by Somebody » Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:22 pm

Paul Bourcier wrote:The costume She-Hulk wears here first appeared in the Red Zone storyline (starting in A3 65), and that resulted in the She-Hulk going missing until the Search for She-Hulk storyline (ending in A3 75), which was probably followed closely by A3 76.

I'd place this between A3 76 and 77, and the revenge Whirlwind is seeking is for the thrashing the Wasp gave him in A3 71.
I'd agree with that. I would narrow it further and place before She-Hulk #1. (On your calendar, probably some time around May 1, YR22.)

Paul Bourcier
Director
Director
Posts: 5424
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2004 6:51 am
Location: Florida

Re: Avengers: Fairy Tales #4

Post by Paul Bourcier » Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:51 am

Somebody wrote:
I'd agree with that. I would narrow it further and place before She-Hulk #1. (On your calendar, probably some time around May 1, YR22.)
Yup, it ended up on May 2.


JD wrote:
The only other issue with a "normal continuity" framing sequence is #1, where Wanda narrates the story to some kids. She's in her classic costume (full pink bodysuit, red leotard, gloves and boots, red hairpiece, no cape).
How about May 1, Year 22 for this?
Paul B.

User avatar
Somebody
Director
Director
Posts: 3032
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:48 pm
Location: Scotland
Contact:

Re: Avengers: Fairy Tales #4

Post by Somebody » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:41 am

Paul Bourcier wrote:
JD wrote:The only other issue with a "normal continuity" framing sequence is #1, where Wanda narrates the story to some kids. She's in her classic costume (full pink bodysuit, red leotard, gloves and boots, red hairpiece, no cape).
How about May 1, Year 22 for this?
Wrong costume - she hasn't actually worn that costume* since... uh... Avengers West Coast, actually (she nearly did briefly at the start of A3, but that version had bare shoulders. Then it was the loincloth costume; the Davis costume that gave her trousers back, but wasn't the "classic" suit; and the Coipel one with the laced cleavage).

*Presuming she's just taken the cape off to tell the story. She's never gone without it permanently with that costume.

Paul Bourcier
Director
Director
Posts: 5424
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2004 6:51 am
Location: Florida

Re: Avengers: Fairy Tales #4

Post by Paul Bourcier » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:05 pm

Hmm. So where's a good spot for issue #1?
Paul B.

User avatar
Somebody
Director
Director
Posts: 3032
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:48 pm
Location: Scotland
Contact:

Re: Avengers: Fairy Tales #4

Post by Somebody » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:26 am

Paul Bourcier wrote:Hmm. So where's a good spot for issue #1?
Any time in the 1970s or 1980s where the Witch is (a) sane; (b) on Earth, in America; (c) not tied up in the middle of another story arc and (d) a member of the Avengers, basically.

User avatar
Somebody
Director
Director
Posts: 3032
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:48 pm
Location: Scotland
Contact:

Re: Avengers: Fairy Tales #4

Post by Somebody » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:12 pm

Having seen the last page of AFT 4 now, it amounts to "She-Hulk wakes up, gets up, whacks Whirlwind one; and Wasp congratulates her".

Locked