So..."1985": Is it canon?

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

Kevin W.
Director
Director

So..."1985": Is it canon?

Post by Kevin W. »

The recent "1985" mini-series features Marvel supervillains and superheroes traveling to the "real" world of 1985. Is it canon? Just having these characters visit a different dimension in and of itself isn't so bad, but the characterization by several of the villains seems off...the Lizard speaks comprehensible sentences, the Red Skull is reduced to a personal bodyguard in Issue #6, and Galactus takes orders from the "real Earth's" first mutant. "Mind Control" is stated to be involved here, but it's taken to an unbelievable extreme...

Also, didn't I read somewhere that this mini-series will be referenced in Mark Millar's Fantastic Four and perhaps in the "Old Man Logan" arc over in Wolverine?
Keeping track of Bendis References since 2001!
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: So..."1985": Is it canon?

Post by Col_Fury »

Mind Control and Reality Control. :)

I also read somewhere that both Old Man Logan and 1985 were going to be referenced or have impact on Millar's FF run... but I can't remember where and I don't have a link. We've already seen Old Man Logan appear in Millar's FF,(that is him hooded in the New Defenders, right? I guess the Hulk will be explained in Fantastic Force or a future Wolverine issue...) so I wouldn't be surprised to see something from 1985 in there somewhere down the line. When that happens, I guess we'll have our 'corroboration', canonizing 1985. I think it's pretty safe to say we can 'count' 1985, I just wish I could remember where that interview was...
-Daron Jensen
michel
Director
Director

Re: So..."1985": Is it canon?

Post by michel »

According to Millar in an interview, the mutant with mind control powers from 1985 should appear in the storyline beginning in Fantastic Four #562, along with a mysterious master of Doom...