Supporting Character
Supporting Character

Sam Wilson timeline questions

Post by Tim »

The Falcon's past:

Sam Wilson at a young age - raises pigeons
Age 16- Dad dies
Age 18- Mom dies
Age 18+ Sam does community work, earns a university degree in Sociology and leads a life of crime (unknown duration of time)

Based on speculation:

How old are Jim and Gideon Wilson in relation to Sam? How old is Luke Cage in relation to Sam (are they around the same age group)? How old is Sam when he first meets Captain America (28? 30?) What superhero activity is there when Sam is growing up? How old is he during the beginning of the modern age?
wolframbane
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Re: Sam Wilson timeline questions

Post by wolframbane »

Here is the info that I have derived from my extensive research into the ages of the characters of the MU.

According to OHOTMU:AZ HC 4, Sam's father was killed when he was "sixteen," and after his mother died "two years later," Sam became the criminal Snap Wilson, and sometime there after he met Cap. Thus Sam was at least 18 when during is first appearance in CA 117, which occurred in YEAR 5 in Paul Bourcier's Marvel Calender. Therefore Sam was born no later than YEAR -13, or at least 14 years before FF 1, the start of the Modern Age.

OHOTMU:AZ HC 4 also states that Sam was a "high school dropout, later extensively self-educated." Where did you get the information that he earned a university degree in Sociology. Was this before or after he was a criminal?

According to WWH:GF, Jim Wilson was "age 15" when he first met the Hulk in H2 131, which occurred in YEAR 5 in Paul Bourcier's Marvel Calender. Therefore Jim was born in YEAR -10, or 11 years before FF 1. I am assuming his father Gideon was at least 18 when he was born, so Gideon was born no later than YEAR -28, or at least 29 years before FF 1.
Tim
Supporting Character
Supporting Character

Re: Sam Wilson timeline questions

Post by Tim »

Mentioned here:

http://www.geocities.com/jjnevins/wicksapp.html

But it might just be an assumption. Someone on Wikipedia assumed he has a degree from being a social worker/city planner with an office, but his educational credentials might not be specified. The exact order of being Snap vs being a social worker is unspecified, and so is the duration after becoming 18, but I'd give it at least four years for education and at least 2-4 years to have a social work/criminal career, so I assumed he'd be mid to late twenties when meeting Cap.