Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

wolframbane
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Marvel Calender Reference Chart

Post by wolframbane »

http://www.geocities.com/marvelindex/mcal-chart.html

For much of the research that I have been doing into the chronology of the Marvel Universe, I have found that the Marvel Calendar by Paul Boucier has been a cornerstone to much of the work that I have done. The sheer enormity of the volume of information of the nigh-infinite number of Marvel Comics has been made immeasurably simpler with the monumental task of that Paul and others have undertaken to organize and chronicle the events within a well organized and straight forward Calendar.

With much information that Paul has been gracious enough to supply to me, as well as using information from both the Marvel Indexes and various notes on the MCP, I have compiled and condensed much of the raw data into a handy reference chart, broken down month-per-month, year-per-year. Under the sub-headings of Avengers, Spider-Man, X-Men, and Other (much of which includes the Fantastic Four), there is a general alphabetized breakdown of events that occur each month (but perhaps not the specific order of events within said month). The chart is far from complete, but there is an incredible wealth of information that should make the daunting task of chronologists everywhere that much easier.

Thank you Paul, for your perseverence and vision in all the work you have done thus far. Much of what has been done has been due to your foundations. To quote Isaac Newton: "Nanos gigantum humeris insidentes" ("we are dwarfs standing on the shoulders of giants").
Paul Bourcier
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Re: Marvel Calender Reference Chart

Post by Paul Bourcier »

One of these months, Years 23 and 24 are gonna need a complete rehaul. :roll:
Paul B.
Human-Man
Supporting Character
Supporting Character

Re: Marvel Calender Reference Chart

Post by Human-Man »

According to The Thing #8 (2006) only 13 years have passed since FF#1. This is being used as a reference in various wikipedia articles.