Magneto's trial in MARVELS: EYE OF THE CAMERA #5

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

Paul Bourcier
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Magneto's trial in MARVELS: EYE OF THE CAMERA #5

Post by Paul Bourcier »

In MARVELS: EYE OF THE CAMERA #5, we see Magneto's trial at the Palais de Justice in Paris. At first, I thought this was a reference to his trial in UX 200, but it can't be. By the time this event happens in M:EOTC 5, X-Factor has been founded, Angel was discovered to be the financial backer behind the X-Terminators, and Angel presumably died. So the trial seen in M:EOTC 5 occurs after XF 15. UX 200 occurs before X-Factor is even formed in XF 1. Furthermore, Havok and Dazzler are present as members of the X-Men at this trial, so the trial must occur after UX 214. So was there a second trial for Magneto? If so, where was this shown? I'm drawing a blank.
Paul B.
John Simons
Big Bad
Big Bad

Re: Magneto's trial in MARVELS: EYE OF THE CAMERA #5

Post by John Simons »

I don't have Eye of the Camera #5, but the trial you mention that was interrupted in X-Men #200 was resumed in X-Men vs. Avengers #4 (July 1987)
"Jessica, whatever you do...don't contradict the continuity! They'll eat you alive! They'll. Eat. You. Alive!"
Paul Bourcier
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by Paul Bourcier »

John, that's exactly what I was blanking out on. Thanks much!
Paul B.
metaldragon
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by metaldragon »

Paul Bourcier wrote:In MARVELS: EYE OF THE CAMERA #5, we see Magneto's trial at the Palais de Justice in Paris. At first, I thought this was a reference to his trial in UX 200, but it can't be. By the time this event happens in M:EOTC 5, X-Factor has been founded, Angel was discovered to be the financial backer behind the X-Terminators, and Angel presumably died. So the trial seen in M:EOTC 5 occurs after XF 15. UX 200 occurs before X-Factor is even formed in XF 1. Furthermore, Havok and Dazzler are present as members of the X-Men at this trial, so the trial must occur after UX 214. So was there a second trial for Magneto? If so, where was this shown? I'm drawing a blank.
Erm... Angel was discovered to be a financial backer behind X-Factor just after the Mutant Massacre crossover in XF 12 (Jan '87). He "died" in XF 15 (Apr '87). The name X-terminators became their "former X-Men, mutant team" name (coined by the press in XF 7) and X-Factor was the name of their "human mutant hunter organization" outfit (from XF 1 to XF 25/PP 35).

After XF 25 (Feb '88) the X-Factor "human mutant-hunters" organization no longer existed and the "X-terminators" officially referred to themselves as X-Factor. Their trainees eventually ended up calling themselves the "X-terminators" in the Inferno storyline- up until they joined the New Mutants.
"May the Light shine forever!"