Wasn't me. It was a wizard.

-Jeph!
Ocean Doot
Big Bad
Big Bad

Re: Wolverine Vol2 7

Post by Ocean Doot »

Somebody wrote:
Ocean Doot wrote:Really? It's the only problem I've noticed. Is there a thread about this? I'd be curious to read it. I genuinely think it fits perfectly well between the pages of Exc 11, except for the costume thing. (I cringe to imagine what I have overlooked ... :) )
Without grabbing the issues, which are probably buried under a pile of stuff, I mainly recall that there's no authorial intentionality-approved gap in Excalibur #11 for it to go. There's a gap crowbarred in somewhere - I think Brian, Meggan & Kurt explicitly not returning to the lighthouse as long as their Nazi counterparts are around gets ignored for MM, while the later fill-ins are shoved in just after the Nazis go home - but for it to be properly "set" in the issue would have needed Claremont to leave somewhere unforced for it to have happened.
Ah, but there IS an authorially-intended gap in Excalibur #11. Top of page 24: "Considerably later ..."

CONSIDERABLY, mind you!!! :)

I don't think Brian, Kurt and Meggan's not returning to the lighthouse is explicit, either. It is implicit, though, I suppose.

Anyway, not meaning to start another argument. Just was curious. Thanks for the answer, sir. :D
Russ Chappell
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Russ Chappell »

JephYork wrote:I think I'm starting to lean towards "replacement armor". Both solutions do damage to the Wolvie story -- whether it's shuffling scenes out of order and creating a lengthy gap mid-narration, or screwing with Claremont's intent for this to be the armor's origin. But I'm starting to think that the "replacement" scenario is the lesser of two wacky evils, and -- heck -- at least it's broadly consistent with Wolvie #7 being published AFTER Inferno...
Okay, guys, we have a verdict.

We're going with the replacement armor theory. Problem is, the Dreaded Deadline Doom is nigh! We need your help: What is the impact on various characters' chronologies?

We respect your right to disagree with this placement, but please don't muddy the waters with appeals to rethink our position. It's been thought. Let's concentrate now on making this work.

Thanks, Guys!
I can't promise you that things will improve, if we make changes;
I can promise you that they won't improve, if we don't.

Adventures in the Marvelous Zone! A Girl's View of the Marvel Universe
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by JephYork »

Specifically, what changes need to be made to X-characters' chronologies in the Index TPB? ;)

-Jeph!
Michael
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Michael »

The only X-characters whose chronologes need to be changed are Sabretooth and Wolverine. Sabretooth's appearance in W2 10 is listed twice in the MCP- once between UX 222 and UX 240 and once between XF 39 and ASM 322. The latter listing is the correct one.
Wolverine's chronology is a bit more tricky. W2 4-10 all need to be moved somewhere after XF 39 and before W2 11 but where?
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

Here's the entirety of Wolverine's chronology between X-Factor #39 and Wolverine #11:

WOLVERINE/"LOGAN"/JAMES HOWLETT
UX 243
XF 39
X:TF 3
UX@ 13/2
PWJ 6
PWJ 7
W2 11
W2 12
-Daron Jensen
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by JephYork »

'Kay, so where does W #4-10 go?

(I don't have the time to re-read this thread -- we're really moving all of #4-10?? I thought the topic was #7.)

-Jeph!
Michael
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Michael »

W2 4-8 are a continuous story, and the Hulk's appearances in issue 7-8 have to take place after the Evolutionary War, so we decided to move them after Inferno.
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

So all of it before Punisher War Journal #6?
-Daron Jensen
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by JephYork »

Am I missing something? Isn't the Evolutionary War long before Inferno? Do you mean Atlantis Attacks?

Oh man I should just read the thread again.

-Jeph!
Michael
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Michael »

The Hulk's appearances in W2 7-8 have to take place after A@ 17, the last chapter of the Evolutionary War. Beast is still returning from that adventure in XF 34, which is why he's absent when Scott and Jean go looking for Baby Cable in the lead-in to Inferno.
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by JephYork »

Okayyy, but the X-Men don't join the Inferno events until *after* XF #34. What's to stop Wolverine #4-10 from happening (say) between UXM #238-239?

Is it the immediacy? Does XF #34 take place like, minutes before Inferno begins or something?

Is this covered in the thread already and I'm just asking stupid questions?

-Jeph!
Michael
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Michael »

We decided that the set of Psylocke's armor that Lindsay wore in W2 5-7 was replacement armor for the armor that was damaged in Inferno. And yes, it's covered in the thread.
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by JephYork »

I thought so. Thanks for the patience. ;)

So, Fury, what makes you like the post-Annual #13 spot then? technically this could be anytime after XF #39...

-Jeph!
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

Hrm...

What happens in True Friends #3?
-Daron Jensen