Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

metaldragon
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Claremont and the Siege Perilous

Post by metaldragon »

Somebody wrote:
metaldragon wrote:The armor got kinda jagged looking during Inferno (which ends in XF 39). What state is the armor in in UXM 244-on ('till Psylocke goes into the Siege Perilous)? Is it still ragged looking or, if it isn't, is there any explanation for it's return to normal? I know a lot of the demonization during Inferno changed back to normal instantaneously once Madeline died but one of the characters in XF 39 commented that the X-Men didn't. Was their return to normal slower?
Claremont intended for the X-Men to be permanently affected by their "demonisation"... but actually dropped the plot entirely.
I guess sending them through the Siege Perilous pretty much "took care" of almost everything he'd done to them previously. He's always reaching for that reset button when he runs out of ideas for how to develop his characters naturally.
"May the Light shine forever!"
Michael
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Re: Wolverine Vol2 7

Post by Michael »

metaldragon wrote:
Somebody wrote:
metaldragon wrote:The armor got kinda jagged looking during Inferno (which ends in XF 39). What state is the armor in in UXM 244-on ('till Psylocke goes into the Siege Perilous)? Is it still ragged looking or, if it isn't, is there any explanation for it's return to normal? I know a lot of the demonization during Inferno changed back to normal instantaneously once Madeline died but one of the characters in XF 39 commented that the X-Men didn't. Was their return to normal slower?
Claremont intended for the X-Men to be permanently affected by their "demonisation"... but actually dropped the plot entirely.
I guess sending them through the Siege Perilous pretty much "took care" of almost everything he'd done to them previously. He's always reaching for that reset button when he runs out of ideas for how to develop his characters naturally.
But Storm,Logan and Longshot never went through the Siege and the idea that they were permanently affected was dropped too. Come to think of it, none of the characters except Alex showed any signs of being affected after X-Factor 39.
Ocean Doot
Big Bad
Big Bad

Re: Wolverine Vol2 7

Post by Ocean Doot »

Michael wrote: But Storm,Logan and Longshot never went through the Siege and the idea that they were permanently affected was dropped too.
But Storm pretty much got "reset" as well, by Nanny.

Longshot quit the team in the same issue that Storm was kidnapped, and never came back. In Claremont land (or the "X-Men Forever"-verse, I guess), theoretically Longshot is still out there with his starry eye glowing black instead of white.

And Wolverine's got a healing factor. :)

(Strange, actually -- of the three characters infected by "Inferno" who didn't go through the Seige, one of them has already died in "X-Men Forever," a second has turned out to be a traitor, and the third probably won't ever show up. So, see, that's everybody accounted for! :) )
Last edited by Russ Chappell on Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited to remove Ocean Doot's apology for double-posting, which was negated when this thread was split from the original topic.