Jean Grey's Appearances in Atlantis Attacks

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

Michael
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Re: Jean Grey's Appearances in Atlantis Attacks

Post by Michael »

Hold on a second-why is Mystique telling Freedom Force that X-Factor's ship "just landed" if X-Factor's ship has been back a week?
Michael
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Michael »

There's another problem in your reconstruction- in X-Men 253, Moira wonders where Rahne and the other New Mutants are. But your reconstruction makes it seem like that scene takes place a few days after X-Factor returned home and the New Mutants were reunited with them in front of a zillion reporters.
Russ Chappell
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Russ Chappell »

Michael wrote:New Mutants were reunited with them in front of a zillion reporters.
Can the hyperbole. When you state things that can't be true, readers will doubt the veracity of your other statements.

I don't follow your reasoning. If the New Mutants are reunited in front of some reporters, it does not follow that Moira must know where the New Mutants are.
I can't promise you that things will improve, if we make changes;
I can promise you that they won't improve, if we don't.

Adventures in the Marvelous Zone! A Girl's View of the Marvel Universe
Michael
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Michael »

Russ Chappell wrote:
Michael wrote:New Mutants were reunited with them in front of a zillion reporters.
Can the hyperbole. When you state things that can't be true, readers will doubt the veracity of your other statements.

I don't follow your reasoning. If the New Mutants are reunited in front of some reporters, it does not follow that Moira must know where the New Mutants are.
Yeah, but here's my point-Moira's clearly been worrying about the New Mutants. If that scene takes place a couple of hours after the highly publicized New Mutants 88/X-Factor 51, then Moira not knowing about it is understandable. If that scene takes place several days after the reporters scene, then the only excuse for Moira not knowing is that she didn't think to check the papers and TV for news about what happened to the Mutants. What do you think Claremont intended us to come away with from that scene in X-Men 253-(a)this scene takes place during the Mutants' Asgardian adventures or shortly after they return home or (b)Moira is an idiot?
metaldragon
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by metaldragon »

Michael wrote:Hold on a second-why is Mystique telling Freedom Force that X-Factor's ship "just landed" if X-Factor's ship has been back a week?
Yes, that's one of the problems with this arrangement. Plus ignoring a whole bunch of "meanwhiles" in order to fit everything in the way we're told it's supposed to fit.
Michael wrote:There's another problem in your reconstruction- in X-Men 253, Moira wonders where Rahne and the other New Mutants are. But your reconstruction makes it seem like that scene takes place a few days after X-Factor returned home and the New Mutants were reunited with them in front of a zillion reporters.
They aren't. If you read NM 88, it shows the New Mutants heading towards Ship and calling out to Archangel who flies off without hearing them. They are up near the top of Ship and far above the reporters who are on the ground. The next panel is inside Ship where they are hugging X-Factor and telling them what happened to them. It's possible Ship let them in a back entrance to avoid the reporters. Ship does not allow humans in, therefore it's entirely possible that Moira would have no idea they'd returned because they avoided the reporters. Now, we just have to believe that something happened in the meantime (Jean & Beast carried off by Ghaur, Atlantis Attacks/Acts of Vengeance chaos) so they never got around to phoning their families until later.
"May the Light shine forever!"
Michael
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Michael »

I'm not sure if I accept the "press never saw the Muties" theory. Warlock suggests they join the press conference, forms his body into a slide and we see Rictor sliding down and calling out to Scott and Jean. That clearly suggests they were part of the press conference. However, I like the "a Nobel Prize winner and a former Interpol agent never thought to check the papers" theory even less.
frogcoin
Hero
Hero

Post by frogcoin »

Hold on a second-why is Mystique telling Freedom Force that X-Factor's ship "just landed" if X-Factor's ship has been back a week?
i say again my argument about "ship landing":
youre right about ship landing but ship also could be "flying off and landing again" and opal commenting about it any other time, similar argument was assumed in Spotlight on Starjammers; at the end you know thats what ships do :wink:
i mean, theres a lot of history off-panels can is not being told, in the lame of the cases XF could fly on the ship and land in from of the supermarket for shopping, for example X-men Hidden years expand that unkown time for us.
There's another problem in your reconstruction- in X-Men 253, Moira wonders where Rahne and the other New Mutants are. But your reconstruction makes it seem like that scene takes place a few days after X-Factor returned home and the New Mutants were reunited with them in front of a zillion reporters.
im sorry i didnt explain all my arrangement in a detailed way, ill resume here and elaborate some more below in all the global changes:

NM 87
NM@ 5
XF 51 (XF lands on earth)
XF@ 4/3
Atlantis Attacks
Acts of Vengeance
XF 49/2; XF 50/2; XF 51/2 Apocalypse gets a membership for Acts of Vengeance
NM 83/2; NM 84/2; NM 85/2; NM 86/2; NM 87/2 Rusty and Skids AoV
UX 253 (NM are still not back)
NM 88 (NM meets XF)

in the arrangement you were doing everything looks fine, ill just point the minor changes included in bold, jump the other places here you already have everything right and add other placement issues you had in other posts, you should know that some points here are still work in progress and i will point them out (WIP)

following MCP:
UX 244
UX 245
UXM@ 13 [Atlantis Attacks Chapter 3]

XF 42
M/CP 17-24
XF 47 -FB

Asgard adventure
Judgement war
NM@ 5 [Atlantis Attacks Chapter 9.]
XF 51 (break sequence XF landing on earth after judgement war)

Atlantis Attacks conclusion:
XF@ 4 ["Chapter 10" Marvel Girl is kidnapped by Ghaur with Beast hanging on.]
(Storm captured BTS by Ghaur sometime shortly before UX 248, probably in similar way to Marvel Girl)
AWC@ 4 ["Chapter 12" Marvel Girl & Storm are Brides of Set]
T@ 14 ["Chapter 13" Marvel Girl & Storm are Brides of Set]
FF@ 22 ["Chapter 14" Marvel Girl & Storm are Brides of Set]

Acts of Vengeance:
Avengers Spotlight 26 (escape from the vault)
A 311 (Hydrobase is sunk)
CA 365 pp 1-9 (captain america doesnt see hydrobase, its informed that it was sunk and goes to the FF complex to ask for a temporal headquarters, loki offers a membership for the supervillain team to redskull)
FF 334 (FF install a new alarm system and leaves to washington, captain america and thor arrive and get attacked by the new alarm system)
CA 365 pp 11-22 (Cap. America says hat FF are not there at the moment, namor sees hydrobase in the bottom of the sea, gets attacked, red skull joins supervillains)
FF 335 (FF arrives washington, apocalypse flies over washington)

XF 49 (apocalypse break sequences)
XF 50/2 (apocalypse sequences)
XF 51 (apocalypse break sequences. work in progress)
W:JA (apocalypse. WIP)
W2 17
W2 18

NM 83 (rusty, skids, vulture break sequences, rusty readsnewspaper about people escaping from the vault. WIP)
NM 84 (rusty, skids, vulture break sequences. WIP)
NM 85 (rusty, skids, vulture break sequences. WIP)
NM 86 pp 1-6 (vulture escapes, and plans with thinker release nitro, rusty and skids escape from jail and plan to go to the courhouse to prvent nitro form being liberated)
(note: the events from XF 49 to NM 86 pass in a interleaved way, posibly the NM events take time in a time shorter than XF 49-W2 18)

AWC 53 (WIP)

UX 246-248 (Reason is UX 246 must be placed after W2 18 following the MCP)
W2 19-21 (reason is W2 21 says it takes place before UX 249, we see kingpin, doom, magneto and red skull in acts of vegeance)

CA 366 (WIP)

UX 249-252
UX 253 (magneto and moira fight, moira yells "where the devil are they" referring to the new mutants, at this point the still havent meet with XF, moira says also "what the blazes do you think youre playing at?" probably refers to magneto when he decided to be more time with the hellfire than the NM but alo could be to "playing acts of vengeance", also moira doesnt looks influenced yet by the shadow king)
UX 254 (moira is influenced by the shadow king and dress like a she-devil dominatrix :lol: , destiny foretells his death and keeps it in secret)
UX 255 (Freedom Force goes to muir island, destiny dies at hands of legion)

NM 86 pp 8-20 (vulture breaks in court, frees nitro, rusty and skids prevent him from exploding)
NM 86 pp 25-29 (freedom force arrives to capture rusty and skids, Crimson Commando says, “Our own teammates, Destiny and Stonewall, have just fallen tragically to scum like them.”)
NM 86 pp 30-31 (MLF bombs an energy plant and demands the liberation of rusty and skids, cable appears first time)

XF@ 6/3 (Mistique in a cruise ship going to fulfill destiny last wish of spreading his ashes in the sea at 10pm)

A 312(Freedom Force fights the Avengers, stonewall says that nobody is in charge while mystique is grieving as a referece to destinys death theres a break in the issue for...)
PUN2 19 (Punisher pass near the fight between avengers and freedom force)
A 312 (break-end)

UX 256-258 (acts of vengeance, psylocke brainwashed to serve mandarin, wolverine goes to the rescue, muir island between pages)
UX 259

NM 87 (mystique interrogate rusty and skids about their relation with the MLF)
NM 88 (Cable escapes from freedom force, NM see what happens with rusty and skids, rahne talk with moira who is influenced by the shadow king)
NM 89
XF 52
metaldragon
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by metaldragon »

Michael wrote:I'm not sure if I accept the "press never saw the Muties" theory. Warlock suggests they join the press conference, forms his body into a slide and we see Rictor sliding down and calling out to Scott and Jean. That clearly suggests they were part of the press conference. However, I like the "a Nobel Prize winner and a former Interpol agent never thought to check the papers" theory even less.
Gah! I went from memory when I should have rechecked. You're right, they did drop down in front of the reporters. Sorry about that. Moira was pretty busy at the time I guess. Maybe X-Factor's return wasn't covered in Scotland? Hm. There is nothing else for it. I'm afraid NM@ 5 is pretty much locked in stone. Both from references in the Annual itself to NM 87 and references in NM 88 to the Annual and the fact that the Annual is Chapter 9 of the Atlantis Attacks storyline. Which means it comes before XF@ 4 which is Chapter 10, which in turn comes before Chapter 12-14 where Marvel Girl & Storm are Brides of Set together and a ton of other Marvel Heroes appear including Beast. The only way to place Atlantis Attacks anywhere else in the New Mutants and X-Factor's chronologies is to completely ignore these specific references:

NM 87, p27 [The dimensional warp opens over the spot where Dr. Strange teleported them to Asgard.]
(someone, either Rictor or Sunspot:) "The Statue of Liberty! We're Home! Rusty and Skids aren't there! Figures, we've been away for weeks."
Boom Boom: "Sure! They're gone, they've escaped!"
Rictor: "Yea, man, I'd have liked to see it! Bet they gave Freedom Force a run for their money."
Sunspot: "X-Factor will know what's happened to them... if they've returned from wherever it was they went."* (*See X-Factor #44-50--Bob)
Warlock: "Selfriends, X-Factor's Ship is still missing."
Sunspot: "What now?"
(they talk some more about keeping Xavier's dream alive)
[Warlock lands on the water]

NM@ 5, pp 6-9 [New Mutants are flying over ocean.]
Cannonball: "Sure is great ta be back on Earth again... even if we can't find our Ship!"
Sunspot: "It used to hover around here... didn't it, Warlock?"
Warlock: "Indeed, FriendBobby, but Self registers no sign of it, now, at all!
Cannonball: "Maybe you oughta land, Lock. You can use the rest... an' ah don't mind searching' solo for a while..."
Warlock: "Thank you SelfriendSam. Water is gloriously cooling.
Sunspot: "I hate to be the one to say it, guys, but what if the Ship... and X-Factor on it... are still away in space...? What if they never return?"
Boom Boom: "Shut up, Bobby! They have to return. We have so much to... to tell them. About Dani and Asgard... and Rusty and Skids...! X-Factor can't be--"
Rictor: "I'm sure they're fine, Boom-Boom. Ship too."
[Rictor tells Bobby off for upsetting Boom Boom, Wolfsbane goes for a swim. Rictor & Boom Boom mention MN 76. Sharks attack and Warlock continues search from the air.]
[They then get attacked by S.U.R.F., save Atlantis from another monster summoned by Ghaur with the horn from NM 76, and finally head back to the surface. A final footnote says: Ghaur and Llyra's vicious plot continues in X-Factor Annual # 4, on sale next week!]

NM 87, p 31 panels 1 & 2 [Caption: "Later, on a living float bobbing near the Statue of Liberty..."]
Boom Boom: "Look! X-Factor's Ship! It's falling out of control!
Wolfsbane: "'Tis going to crash!"
Cannonball: "Come on, Warlock! Somethin' terrible's about ta happen."
Warlock: "Self will hurry, selfriends. we will save whom we can!"
[Next issue: The New Mutants rejoin X-Factor--]

NM 88 p 6, panel 4 ["Meanwhile, in Manhattan..." we see Ship has safely landed and transformed with giant "X" as seen in XF 51 and the New Mutants are flying towards it.]
Boom Boom: "Isn't this fantastic!"
Rictor: "The Ship is back! X-Factor's home!"
p 8 [They spot Archangel flying away from reporters as seen in XF 51. They drop down in front of reporters]
Rictor: "Jean! Scott! You're home! Where have you been?!?
p 9, panels 1-2 "And in a rush of explanation..." [There are no backgrounds drawn in so they may have hurried the kids inside away from the reporters.]
Wolfsbane: "... and so we left Asgard and came home and fought with some Atlanteans underwater and..."
[other greetings]
Cyclops: "But... where's Dani, Bobby?"
Sunspot: "She decided to stay in Asgard, Scott. It's a long story. We'll tell you later. When we were snatched into Asgard, Rusty and Skids were left behind on Liberty Island, surrounded by Freedom Force. We were hoping maybe they'd be here with you!"

It's very clear what the order of events are here. This point would be the soonest spot for Marvel Girl to get kidnapped by Ghaur (with Beast clinging to her) as seen on the opening page of XF@ 4.
Last edited by metaldragon on Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
metaldragon
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by metaldragon »

frogcoin wrote:im sorry i didnt explain all my arrangement in a detailed way, ill resume here and elaborate some more below in all the global changes:

NM 87
NM@ 5
XF@ 4/3
Atlantis Attacks
Acts of Vengeance
NM 88 (NM meets XF)

in the arrangement you were doing everything looks fine, ill just point the minor changes included in bold, jump the other places here you already have everything right and add other placement issues you had in other posts, you should know that some points here are still work in progress and i will point them out (WIP)
Again, it isn't the 3rd story of XF@ 4. It's the first story where Marvel Girl & Beast are kidnapped by Ghaur. Please fix that. Also, the New Mutants see Ship landing on the last page of NM 87 (as shown in FX 51 from X-Factor's perspective inside Ship) and in NM 88 they see Archangel fly away from the press as shown in XF 51 so there cannot be the huge gap of time where you've stuck all those issues.
frogcoin wrote:following MCP:
UX 244
UX 245
UXM@ 13 [Atlantis Attacks Chapter 3]

XF 42
M/CP 17-24
XF 47 -FB

Asgard adventure
Judgement war
NM@ 5 [Atlantis Attacks Chapter 9.]
XF 51 (break sequence XF landing on earth after judgement war)
Except, if you look at my analysis of Nm 77-78 and how they relate to XF 41-43, there isn't enough time for Archangel to have his solo adventure there. In fact, there is barely enough time to fit Cyclops' M/CP story let alone any of Beast's solo adventures. They must go in the gap between NM 76 & XF 41.
frogcoin wrote:UX 253 (magneto and moira fight, moira yells "where the devil are they" referring to the new mutants, at this point the still havent meet with XF, moira says also "what the blazes do you think youre playing at?" probably refers to magneto when he decided to be more time with the hellfire than the NM but alo could be to "playing acts of vengeance", also moira doesnt looks influenced yet by the shadow king)
UX 254 (moira is influenced by the shadow king and dress like a she-devil dominatrix :lol: , destiny foretells his death and keeps it in secret)
UX 255 (Freedom Force goes to muir island, destiny dies at hands of legion)
NM 86 pp 8-20 (vulture breaks in court, frees nitro, rusty and skids prevent him from exploding)
NM 86 pp 25-29 (freedom force arrives to capture rusty and skids, Crimson Commando says, “Our own teammates, Destiny and Stonewall, have just fallen tragically to scum like them.”)
NM 86 pp 30-31 (MLF bombs an energy plant and demands the liberation of rusty and skids, cable appears first time)

XF@ 6/3 (Mistique in a cruise ship going to fulfill destiny last wish of spreading his ashes in the sea at 10pm)

A 312(Freedom Force fights the Avengers, stonewall says that nobody is in charge while mystique is grieving as a referece to destinys death theres a break in the issue for...)
PUN2 19 (Punisher pass near the fight between avengers and freedom force)
A 312 (break-end)

UX 256-258 (acts of vengeance, psylocke brainwashed to serve mandarin, wolverine goes to the rescue, muir island between pages)
UX 259

NM 87 (mystique interrogate rusty and skids about their relation with the MLF)
NM 88 (Cable escapes from freedom force, NM see what happens with rusty and skids, rahne talk with moira who is influenced by the shadow king)
NM 89
XF 52
Do you realize that you’ve got Stonewall appearing in A312 after his death in UX 255? Or did you mean another character?
frogcoin
Hero
Hero

Post by frogcoin »

Again, it isn't the 3rd story of XF@ 4. It's the first story where Marvel Girl & Beast are kidnapped by Ghaur.
once again its XF@ 4 sorry dunno why i have this /3 stuck on my mind everytime i write about it :)
Also, the New Mutants see Ship landing on the last page of NM 87 (as shown in FX 51 from X-Factor's perspective inside Ship) and in NM 88 they see Archangel fly away from the press as shown in XF 51 so there cannot be the huge gap of time where you've stuck all those issues.

The only way to place Atlantis Attacks anywhere else in the New Mutants and X-Factor's chronologies is to completely ignore these specific references:

NM 87, p 31 panels 1 & 2 [Caption: "Later, on a living float bobbing near the Statue of Liberty..."]
Boom Boom: "Look! X-Factor's Ship! It's falling out of control!
Wolfsbane: "'Tis going to crash!"
Cannonball: "Come on, Warlock! Somethin' terrible's about ta happen."
Warlock: "Self will hurry, selfriends. we will save whom we can!"
i agree about the fact we have to "rearrange" some issues to fix all this but if instead of ignoring all the panels you indicate we only ignore the one im quoting or move it at start of NM 88 all could have sense; and i mean sense in the logic that NM arrive to earth, didnt find X-Factor ship and start looking for them around the country/world while they take the chance and take some rest/recover/vacations from their recents asgard adventures, as i said many things can happen off panel and as Paul show us in the marvel calendar the flow of time in the marvel universe shouldnt be taken as literally as they say, otherwise for example kitty should be +40 years old or franklin richards would be a midget of +30 years old (lets not focus on this the topics otherwise we would see a lot of inconsistences in the time flux of the MU) :lol:
Except, if you look at my analysis of Nm 77-78 and how they relate to XF 41-43, there isn't enough time for Archangel to have his solo adventure there. In fact, there is barely enough time to fit Cyclops' M/CP story let alone any of Beast's solo adventures. They must go in the gap between NM 76 & XF 41.
youre right its just that it was this way in the chronologyproject and sometimes i like to stick as much as possible to the chronologyproject, lemme recheck this and after that see the chances of change the gap where theyre inserted.
Do you realize that you’ve got Stonewall appearing in A312 after his death in UX 255? Or did you mean another character?
my mistake again, my head was spinning already after i did all this, i was refering to Avalanche in A 312.
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by JephYork »

i agree about the fact we have to "rearrange" some issues to fix all this but if instead of ignoring all the panels you indicate we only ignore the one im quoting or move it at start of NM 88 all could have sense; and i mean sense in the logic that NM arrive to earth, didnt find X-Factor ship and start looking for them around the country/world while they take the chance and take some rest/recover/vacations from their recents asgard adventures, as i said many things can happen off panel and as Paul show us in the marvel calendar the flow of time in the marvel universe shouldnt be taken as literally as they say, otherwise for example kitty should be +40 years old or franklin richards would be a midget of +30 years old (lets not focus on this the topics otherwise we would see a lot of inconsistences in the time flux of the MU) :lol:
I'd like to introduce you to a little punctuation mark I call the period.

And the second half of your "sentence", about Marvel time vs real-world time, has absolutely nothing to do with this discussion... :?:

-Jeph!
frogcoin
Hero
Hero

Post by frogcoin »

youre right about the MU time vs. real time has nothing to do related to this topic -case closed-. the purpose of that lame example was just trying to point that the time in the MU in a lot of cases should not be taken as literal as the issue states and the best example is the marvel calendar paul bourcier has been working on were in some points the comic states "next day" when in fact "several days" could have happened if we arrange all the comics from diferent series together and try to give a logical sense to the order of the events that occur in them.
metaldragon
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by metaldragon »

frogcoin wrote:i agree about the fact we have to "rearrange" some issues to fix all this but if instead of ignoring all the panels you indicate we only ignore the one im quoting or move it at start of NM 88 all could have sense; and i mean sense in the logic that NM arrive to earth, didnt find X-Factor ship and start looking for them around the country/world while they take the chance and take some rest/recover/vacations from their recents asgard adventures, as i said many things can happen off panel and as Paul show us in the marvel calendar the flow of time in the marvel universe shouldnt be taken as literally as they say, otherwise for example kitty should be +40 years old or franklin richards would be a midget of +30 years old (lets not focus on this the topics otherwise we would see a lot of inconsistences in the time flux of the MU) :lol:
Sorry, I'm not following. I think the only references I couldn't accommodate with my arrangement are Moira not knowing where the New Mutants are (which can be explained that she simply hasn't seen the news for whatever reason) and Mystique mentioning that X-Factor have "just" arrived.

I'd say that the New Mutants watching Ship's fast descent over Manhattan in the artwork while exclaiming over it (direct reference to XF 51), seeing Archangel fly away from the press (again, direct reference to XF 51), and greeting X-Factor on their return (which they just witnessed) while mentioning Asgard and Atlantis as their most recent adventures (direct references to NM 78-87 & NM@ 5) trumps those two references, at least in my mind.

It still can't go the way you've got it placed. STORM has to appear in the Atlantis Attacks conclusion alongside Marvel Girl right before UX 248 at the VERY latest. Polaris is freed from Zaladane by the remaining X-Men AFTER UX 248 the issue where Storm is changed into a child (and thought dead by the rest of the X-Men). Polaris then joins the Muir Island X-Men and, alongside Moira, fights the Marauders and sees Destiny & Stonewall die in UX 254-255. That means MOIRA has to appear in UX 253-255 AFTER the Atlantis Attacks conclusion. AKA, the New Mutants have to return to Earth in order to save Atlantis and reunite with X-Factor before UX 248. Therefore, Moira somehow missed finding out about their return and Freedom Force sees X-Factor "just" returning a few days after they do, possibly on news recordings after dealing with Destiny & Stonewall's death and the Acts of Vengeance.
Michael
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Michael »

frogcoin wrote:
i say again my argument about "ship landing":
youre right about ship landing but ship also could be "flying off and landing again" and opal commenting about it any other time, similar argument was assumed in Spotlight on Starjammers; at the end you know thats what ships do :wink:
i mean, theres a lot of history off-panels can is not being told, in the lame of the cases XF could fly on the ship and land in from of the supermarket for shopping, for example X-men Hidden years expand that unkown time for us.
In this case, though, Crimson Commando remarks that X-Factor won't be pleased with what happened to Rusty and Skids while they were gone and Blob remarks that they shouldn't have left. They're clearly talking about X-Factor 43/New Mutants 78.
frogcoin
Hero
Hero

Post by frogcoin »

NM 87
NM@ 5
XF@ 4/3
Atlantis Attacks
Acts of Vengeance
NM 88 (NM meets XF)
Sorry, I'm not following. I think the only references I couldn't accommodate with my arrangement are Moira not knowing where the New Mutants are (which can be explained that she simply hasn't seen the news for whatever reason) and Mystique mentioning that X-Factor have "just" arrived.
what im trying to explain in this sequence is that the NM did arrive to earth in NM 87, couldnt find XF ship in the last place it was (if we strip/move NM 87, p 31 panels 1 & 2), they did fight NM@ 5 atlantis attacks while they were looking for the ship, and they only manage to find XF and ship after the events of atlantis attacks and acts of vengeance. in that encounter they appear just at a XF press conference and they appear on TV.

Regarding mystique mentioning that XF has just arrived can be explained as the ship "flying off and landing again" and mystique then says "Freedom Force, attention. XF ship has just landed in New York, report for a meeting inmediatly" what means that they were not in New York but not necessarily means they just arrived from the judgment war.
It still can't go the way you've got it placed. STORM has to appear in the Atlantis Attacks conclusion alongside Marvel Girl right before UX 248 at the VERY latest.
hmmm i havent said it otherwise, in fact im saying that FF@ 22 (atlantis conclusion) should be before UX 246, please explain.