ASM 258
M/TU 146
PPTSS@ 4
PPTSS@ 4/2
ASM 258
ASM 259
PPTSS 96
PPTSS 97

From what I read, PPTSS 95 ends with Dagger being "swooped" away. Issue 96 begins with a recap of that same panel saying "minutes ago". Now, I don't have all of the issues listed in between, but I know that it would be very unlikely for four issues of ASM (that I have) to fit in the interm "minutes". I know that a few times in #96, facts in ASM258 are referenced (by asterisk).

I know because of the black costume, most of issue 96 must come after ASM 258, and 94-95 must come before (and since ASM 256-258 are mostly consecutive, they must be in between PPTSS 95 and 96, But I think there must at least be a split of PPTSS 96's where the first pages (at least up to page 3) are directly after #95, and the "short time later" referenced on page 4 fits in all those other issues? It seems implausible, but I can't figure out another way to reconcile the "minutes" comment.

On a quick unrelated note, when an issue is listed twice (eg: ASM 252 - M/TU 141 - ASM 252). Does this mean that M/TU 141 occurs during ASM 252, but there the page/panel split is unknown or not listed? or would that be a typo? I've seen it two or three times on the Spidey list so far...

Thanks
Somebody
Director
Director

Re: Spectacular Spider-Man #96

Post by Somebody »

Welcome :)
TheHYPO wrote:On a quick unrelated note, when an issue is listed twice (eg: ASM 252 - M/TU 141 - ASM 252). Does this mean that M/TU 141 occurs during ASM 252, but there the page/panel split is unknown or not listed? or would that be a typo? I've seen it two or three times on the Spidey list so far...
The former (it's only in the past couple of years that page:panel splits have been listed, and a lot of the listings haven't been revised yet to add them) - they're no more likely to be a typo than any other entry.
Michael
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Michael »

TheHYPO wrote:From what I read, PPTSS 95 ends with Dagger being "swooped" away. Issue 96 begins with a recap of that same panel saying "minutes ago". Now, I don't have all of the issues listed in between, but I know that it would be very unlikely for four issues of ASM (that I have) to fit in the interm "minutes". I know that a few times in #96, facts in ASM258 are referenced (by asterisk).

I know because of the black costume, most of issue 96 must come after ASM 258, and 94-95 must come before (and since ASM 256-258 are mostly consecutive, they must be in between PPTSS 95 and 96, But I think there must at least be a split of PPTSS 96's where the first pages (at least up to page 3) are directly after #95, and the "short time later" referenced on page 4 fits in all those other issues? It seems implausible, but I can't figure out another way to reconcile the "minutes" comment.

Thanks
So Peter just left Dagger in the Answer's clutches without making any effort to rescue her? He doesn't seem to be looking for her in ASM256-258. This is one of those cases where sticking a gap where it's not intended turns the hero into a jerk.
It should be noted that when Peter flashes back to the battle in PPTSS97, he's wearing his black costume in the flashback.
Michael
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Michael »

I just found a blog that points out that Spectacular Spider-Man 96 and ASM258-259 appear to be irreconcilable at first glance:
http://stevegoble.blogspot.com/2009/08/ ... an-92.html
He tries to offer a solution but I'm not sure if it works. His solution requires that PPTSS96 takes place in between ASM258 and 259, which is contrary to our listing.