Parnell Jacobs flashback's

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

Kevin W.
Director
Director

Parnell Jacobs flashback's

Post by Kevin W. »

Could someone help with fleshing out which of the flashbacks involving Parnell Jacobs from War Machine vol. 2 #1 have been shown before?

The fb's in this issue show the following (and I take it they occur in this order):

Jacobs (along with Glenda and Rhodey) as childhood friends.
Jacobs in the military.
Jacobs serving alongside Rhodey in the "Sin-Congolese" war.
Jacobs marries Glenda (Rhodey's at the wedding)
Jacobs sells guns to the "Santo Marco" President Luis Augustine
Jacobs in the War Machine armor attacking Iron Man

I don't have the old issues from where they first introduced Jacobs, so any help interweaving these flashbacks would be most appreciative.

Thanks,

Kevin
Keeping track of Bendis References since 2001!
michel
Director
Director

Re: Parnell Jacobs flashback's

Post by michel »

Kevin W. wrote:Could someone help with fleshing out which of the flashbacks involving Parnell Jacobs from War Machine vol. 2 #1 have been shown before?
Parnell Jacobs already appears in these FBs :

IM3 19-FB1 (5:4) Parnell finds the War Machine armor
IM3 19-FB2 (5:5) Parnell uses Stuart Clarke to sell his services as War Machine
IM3 20-FB1 (6:4-7:1) Rhodey and Parnell meet during the Sin-Congese war, Rhodey saves Parnell's life
IM3 20-FB2 (7:2) Rhodey and Parnell hang together, in a bar fight, in Asia ?
IM3 20-FB3 (7:3) Parnell carries an unconscious Rhodey in a base hospital in Hawaii
IM3 20-FB4 (7:4) Rhodey introduces Glenda to Parnell, and see them fall in love
IM3 20-FB5 (7:5) Rhodey leaves Parnell when he wants to run guns for the dictator of Santo Marco
PWJ2 17-FB1 (5:3-5:4) Parnell brings the War Machine armor to Stuart Clarke
PWJ2 17-FB2 (6:1) Iron Man fights War Machine, in between IM3 19 (21:1) and (21:6)
The fb's in this issue show the following (and I take it they occur in this order):

FBphoto1 (15:4) Jacobs (along with Glenda and Rhodey) as childhood friends.
Isn't that's a photograph ? I thought it didn't count as a FB for the MCP. And it's a retcon, according to IM3 20-FB1 and FB4 Parnell meets Rhodey then Glenda when they're adult
FB1 (15:3) Jacobs in the military.
FB2 (15:4) Jacobs serving alongside Rhodey in the "Sin-Congolese" war.

the text says "[Parnell] saved the life of James Rhodes during the Sin-Congolese war", it's the opposite in IM3 20-FB1
FB3 (15:5) Jacobs marries Glenda (Rhodey's at the wedding)
FB4 (15:7) Jacobs sells guns to the "Santo Marco" President Luis Augustine
FB5 (15:8) Jacobs in the War Machine armor attacking Iron Man = IM3 20 (11:3)
That should give us :

WAR MACHINE II/PARNELL JACOBS
*WM2 1-FBphoto1
*WM2 1-FB1
IM3 20-FB1
*WM2 1-FB2
*IM3 20-FB2
*IM3 20-FB3
IM3 20-FB4
*WM2 1-FB3
IM3 20-FB5
*WM2 1-FB4
IM3 19-FB1
*PWJ2 17-FB1
*IM3 19-FB2
{IM3 11}
IM3 12
IM3 18
IM3 19 (1-4;18-21:1)
*PWJ2 17-FB2
*IM3 19 (21:6-22)
IM3 20
*PWJ2 17

By the way, Parnell seemed to be killed by Clarke in PWJ2 17, I don't remember seeing an explanation for him beeing alive in WM2
Kevin W.
Director
Director

Post by Kevin W. »

First of all, sorry Michel, I originally accidently hit "edit post" when I meant to hit reply, but I think I've saved your post and put it back the way it was (didn't know if you would notice or not, but figured I'd say "sorry!"). Also, thanks for the help!
Isn't that's a photograph ? I thought it didn't count as a FB for the MCP. And it's a retcon, according to IM3 20-FB1 and FB4 Parnell meets Rhodey then Glenda when they're adult
Actually, this is more for the Index currently, but the MCP needs to have it sorted out as well. Also, from the FAQ for the MCP:
Photos are taken on a case by case basis. A generic family photo is unplaceable, and really amounts to nothing more than a prop or a decoration, and can be ignored. On the other hand, a photo which shows a specific event which we haven't previously seen is another matter, and should be listed, and treated the same as a flashback.
the text says "[Parnell] saved the life of James Rhodes during the Sin-Congolese war", it's the opposite in IM3 20-FB1
Is it possible that they both saved each others lives over the course of the Sin-Congolese conflict?
By the way, Parnell seemed to be killed by Clarke in PWJ2 17, I don't remember seeing an explanation for him beeing alive in WM2
Peachy. Just peachy.
Keeping track of Bendis References since 2001!
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

Kevin W. wrote:Is it possible that they both saved each others lives over the course of the Sin-Congolese conflict?
Yes.
Kevin W. wrote:
michel wrote:By the way, Parnell seemed to be killed by Clarke in PWJ2 17, I don't remember seeing an explanation for him beeing alive in WM2
Peachy. Just peachy.
Obviously, he got better. :)
michel wrote:That should give us :
Looks good to me.

Thanks michel!
-Daron Jensen
michel
Director
Director

Post by michel »

Kevin W. wrote:Actually, this is more for the Index currently, but the MCP needs to have it sorted out as well.
I like these indexes very much ! Can you tell which titles will follow after SM / IM / XM or is it a secret ? :)

FAQ wrote:Photos are taken on a case by case basis. A generic family photo is unplaceable, and really amounts to nothing more than a prop or a decoration, and can be ignored. On the other hand, a photo which shows a specific event which we haven't previously seen is another matter, and should be listed, and treated the same as a flashback.
OK, I didn't see that in the FAQ, I just stopped at the answer before that says : "Dreams and photos/portraits of characters are not appearances"

Kevin W. wrote:Is it possible that they both saved each others lives over the course of the Sin-Congolese conflict?
Of course it's possible and let's say that, but it really must be a mistake, Rhodey having saved Parnell in the Sin-Congolese conflict is a specific plot point in IM3 18-20, Parnell doesn't kill Iron Man to pay this debt
Russ Chappell
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Russ Chappell »

michel wrote:I like these indexes very much ! Can you tell which titles will follow after SM / IM / XM or is it a secret ? :)
I would expect Marvel to announce something soon.

watching: glee
I can't promise you that things will improve, if we make changes;
I can promise you that they won't improve, if we don't.

Adventures in the Marvelous Zone! A Girl's View of the Marvel Universe