Thor Blood and Thunder question

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

Jeremy Johnston
Minion
Minion

Thor Blood and Thunder question

Post by Jeremy Johnston »

I know this is an old crossover, but I have a question about some appearances in an issue. Warlock and the Infinity Watch 25 has two characters appearing on panel a few times with Odin. One is a blond woman, and the other appears to be a smallish Troll. I have never followed Thor regularily, so I can't be sure who these characters are. Can anyone help me figure this out?
Jeremy Johnston
Minion
Minion

Re: Thor Blood and Thunder question

Nobody knows who these characters may be?
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by JephYork »

Nope -- don't own the issue. Could you maybe scan the page in question or something?

I suspect the blonde is Valkyrie and the troll is Pip the Troll, but Asgard has no shortage of other blondes and trolls, so who knows...

-Jeph!
Somebody
Director
Director

Post by Somebody »

Well, here's the characters the MCP lists for the issue: http://www.chronologygraph.com/searchth ... mic=WIW+25

Pip is on that list, Valkyrie isn't. Maybe you can figure it out through a process of elimiation - otherwise, you'd have to post the page.
Paul Bourcier
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by Paul Bourcier »

I have the issue and see the characters in question. The young blond woman is an Asgardian, but not Valkyrie, and the troll is an Asgardian troll, not Pip (who does appear elsewhere in the issue). One gets the impression that these two characters are close to Odin since they're in his throne room, but they don't say a darned thing and no one refers to either of them by name. Their presence is entirely pointless.
Paul B.
Jeremy Johnston
Minion
Minion

Paul Bourcier wrote:I have the issue and see the characters in question. The young blond woman is an Asgardian, but not Valkyrie, and the troll is an Asgardian troll, not Pip (who does appear elsewhere in the issue). One gets the impression that these two characters are close to Odin since they're in his throne room, but they don't say a darned thing and no one refers to either of them by name. Their presence is entirely pointless.
They are completely pointless in this issue, you are correct. But they appear on more than one page with Odin... so they must have some point overall. No Thor fans from that era?
Russ Chappell
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Russ Chappell »

Jeremy Johnston wrote:They are completely pointless in this issue, you are correct. But they appear on more than one page with Odin... so they must have some point overall. No Thor fans from that era?
I think Paul is a Thor fan from that era, as am I. These are simply nameless characters. It's not that unusual.

watching: work pile up
I can't promise you that things will improve, if we make changes;
I can promise you that they won't improve, if we don't.

Adventures in the Marvelous Zone! A Girl's View of the Marvel Universe
Jeremy Johnston
Minion
Minion

Russ Chappell wrote:
Jeremy Johnston wrote:They are completely pointless in this issue, you are correct. But they appear on more than one page with Odin... so they must have some point overall. No Thor fans from that era?
I think Paul is a Thor fan from that era, as am I. These are simply nameless characters. It's not that unusual.

watching: work pile up

Hmmm... Seems odd to me that they would be featured so prominantly, but I'll take your word for it. Thanks for your help guys.