Hulked Out Heroes

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

Paul Bourcier
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Hulked Out Heroes

Post by Paul Bourcier »

In Hulked Out Heroes #1, "Hulkpool" is sent back in time to appear in several different eras --

In 1717, where he encounters the Thing as Blackbeard the Pirate (during FF #5)

In prehistory, where he meets Devil Dinosaur and Moon Boy

In 1873, where he encounters Hawkeye and Two-Gun Kid (between A 142-FB and A 142)

In 1945, where he sees Captain America and Bucky just as Bucky is taking off on the drone rocket

Are these scenes supposed to occur in Earth-616 continuity or are we seeing divergent timelines? Does these scenes "count" as appearances by these characters in the MCP?
Paul B.
Somebody
Director
Director

Re: Hulked Out Heroes

Post by Somebody »

Paul Bourcier wrote:Does these scenes "count" as appearances by these characters in the MCP?
Hang on - this seems like the sort of story that typically ends by cancelling itself out. We, therefore, can't say until the end of WWHS:HOH 2.
lkseitz
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by lkseitz »

Somebody wrote:
Paul Bourcier wrote:Does these scenes "count" as appearances by these characters in the MCP?
Hang on - this seems like the sort of story that typically ends by cancelling itself out. We, therefore, can't say until the end of WWHS:HOH 2.
And could someone please distribute a memo to let Marvel writers know that Devil Dinosaur and Moon Boy are canonically not from Earth-616's past any more?
Lee K. Seitz
Slowly adding insignificant characters to the MCP
Paul Bourcier
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by Paul Bourcier »

Sure enough. Issue #2 establishes that all past scenes are those of an alternate timeline created by Hulkpool when he altered history in 1717.
Paul B.
lkseitz
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by lkseitz »

Paul Bourcier wrote:Sure enough. Issue #2 establishes that all past scenes are those of an alternate timeline created by Hulkpool when he altered history in 1717.
And now that I've picked up both issues, I take back what I said about Devil Dinosaur. #1 subtly lets on and #2 outright says Devil Dinosaur and Moon Boy started this adventure in the Savage Land. I might complain about their appearing to be other Small Folk, but a) I don't know enough about the Savage Land to know whether it might not have a similar race living there and b) it's a parallel Earth with a messed up history, so all bets are off!
Lee K. Seitz
Slowly adding insignificant characters to the MCP