Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

Paul Bourcier
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Avengers #280

Post by Paul Bourcier »

In Avengers #280, Jarvis says:
"I'm recovering nicely! The doctors tell me I'll be up and about in on time at all. It's in my mother's genes, you know. Her recuperative powers."
Mrs. Jarvis is mentioned nowhere else in this issue, yet she's been granted a bts appearance here by both the Official Marvel Index Index to the Avengers v2 and the MCP. I don't think the above statement qualifies her for a bts notation.

Likewise, Rick Jones is noted as bts in the flashback in which Jarvis witnesses the membership shakeup from A 16. I'm not sure what qualifies him for this.

Most importantly, I have a question about the flashback on 20:1-20:2 of A 280. It shows Jarvis objecting to Stark's drinking. Is this a previously published scene or a new scene? If the former, where is the original? If the latter, I don't think we have this placed anywhere, do we?
Paul B.
Russ Chappell
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Avengers #280

Post by Russ Chappell »

Paul Bourcier wrote:In Avengers #280, Jarvis says:
"I'm recovering nicely! The doctors tell me I'll be up and about in on time at all. It's in my mother's genes, you know. Her recuperative powers."
Mrs. Jarvis is mentioned nowhere else in this issue, yet she's been granted a bts appearance here by both the Official Marvel Index Index to the Avengers v2 and the MCP. I don't think the above statement qualifies her for a bts notation.
Hmmm.... Agreed.
I can't promise you that things will improve, if we make changes;
I can promise you that they won't improve, if we don't.

Adventures in the Marvelous Zone! A Girl's View of the Marvel Universe
captamr
Hero
Hero

Re: Avengers #280

Post by captamr »

Paul Bourcier wrote:Most importantly, I have a question about the flashback on 20:1-20:2 of A 280. It shows Jarvis objecting to Stark's drinking. Is this a previously published scene or a new scene? If the former, where is the original? If the latter, I don't think we have this placed anywhere, do we?
Looks like new material....somewhere before A 232 when Tony officially resigns from the Avengers and might still be boozing it up around the mansion.
Charlie