Adding to Chronologies

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

Jason Doty
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Adding to Chronologies

Post by Jason Doty »

This is a question to the board. Anyway we can incorporate something from the indexes into the project. The indexes let us know if a flashback in the book has been seen previously. It could possibly save a bit of time for users and help researches when trying to analyzing placements and also alows for a complete listing of a book. Flashbacks that offer no new information are not currently included in the chronolgy. As a collector I really enjoy finding new stories that relate to titles I have long collected. This would be real useful if another title had a flashback to previous scene from an unrelated title and help the chronologists who may not own a particular book with placement. Could we do something in the nature of maybe this. The parenthesis around it would let us know that it has no new info or maybe something else along these lines.

Marvel Girl (Jean Grey)

UX 100~(UX 270-fb)
Russ Chappell
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Adding to Chronologies

Post by Russ Chappell »

Jason Doty wrote:This is a question to the board.
By "board", I assume you mean the Board of Directors.

watching: smallville
I can't promise you that things will improve, if we make changes;
I can promise you that they won't improve, if we don't.

Adventures in the Marvelous Zone! A Girl's View of the Marvel Universe
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Re: Adding to Chronologies

Post by JephYork »

That could get real unwieldly real quick. Certain scenes (Gamma bomb exploding, spider biting Peter, etc.) have been flashed back to a ba-zillion times. I'm not real keen on tracking down every single one of those and producing an enormous line of text, that basically says "all of these meticulously catalogued things contain no new information."

As the FAQ says, this isn't the Marvel "Appearances" Project.

-Jeph!