Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

Michael
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Re: Doomwar

Post by Michael »

Somebody wrote:
Michael wrote:
Somebody wrote:So he appears in Doomwar while so brain-fried he can't do 301÷30?
Maybe we should use the "he recovered and had a relapse" excuse.
We ARE talking about brain damage here. You'd be better off saying it was a Doombot in Doomwar if we need to reach for that sort of excuse.
And Doom has access to all sorts of advanced technology. He could have used one of his devices to cure himself, and later found the cure was only temporary.
Somebody
Director
Director

Post by Somebody »

Thought just occurred to me...
Col_Fury wrote:In issue 6 on page 8, Black Panther and Mr. Fantastic contact all of their buddies to see who will help them against Dr. Doom, but they're all busy fighting Doombots. And they don't want to be part of an international incident. Among these buddies... Tony Stark.

Thanks to Tony Stark, Doomwar has to occur after Siege. Up to Siege, Tony is either getting progressively less brainy or he's in a coma. After Siege, he's just fine.
That's not strictly true, is it? If he just appears as Tony Stark, not Iron Man, there's potential for him to appear during or - more likely - shortly after IM5 24 and before Siege, ja?

Of course, even if that worked, things would still be tight for FotH/WWHks, doubly so since HULK 20 contains the following exchange:
Hulk #20 (4:1-4:2) wrote:Leader: "Two of the eight down."
MODOK: "Three, given that Stark is so mentally disabled he's become irrelevant."
Leader: "Only for the present. You don't actually believe that we don't have Tony Stark to kick around any more, MODOK?"
MODOK: "I believe that at our current rate of execution, by the time Stark could present himself as a problem, it will be too late. Thus, irrelevant."
But I don't think that it would be impossible for FotH/WWHks to take place between IM5 24 (23) and Siege. It would leave Ghost stuck for a while trying to get back [but, hey, he doesn't have a soft landing in the Tbolts Siege issues], and it would make MODOK a bit out of date on Stark's condition [but since he's already deemed it "irrelevant", that wouldn't be ridiculous], but those aren't huge problems if it solves bigger ones.

So, people who have read Doomwar #6, would an order of "IM5 24 (1-23) -> Doomwar #6 -> Fall of the Hulks/World War Hulks -> Siege" work?
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

I've had a chance to look into this, and I agree with you on Iron Man.
Somebody wrote:So, people who have read Doomwar #6, would an order of "IM5 24 (1-23) -> Doomwar #6 -> Fall of the Hulks/World War Hulks -> Siege" work?
Yes, I think so.
-Daron Jensen