Blastaar in M/S&L 1/3

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

Midnighter
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Blastaar in M/S&L 1/3

Post by Midnighter »

Blastaar is noted to appear in M/S&L 1/3 between M/TU 18 and INH 1. But at the end of M/TU 18 he is trapped in a sphere of adamatium and thrown into the ocean by Hulk, where we find him in INH 1, still trapped.
Michael
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Re: Blastaar in M/S&L 1/3

Post by Michael »

Even more problematic, Rick Jones's appearance in M/S&L 1/3 is placed in his chronology before A 98.And A 118 is placed in the Human Torch's chronology prior to M/TU 18. So M/S&L 1/3 happens both before and after M/TU 18? *brickwall*
The problem is that there's no good spot in between UX 53 and INH 2 for Blastaar to appear. His appearances end with him being rendered comatose or trapped in adamantium spheres.
Ah, I see this has been discussed before in Archive 62:
http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/faustfactory.htm

The appearance of Blastaar in Fantastic Four: World's Greatest Comic Magazine#9 & 10 throws a wrench into the flashback from Marvel Team-Up#18, which continues directly from X-Men I#53 and continues into MTU#18.

Posted: 05 Aug 2005 09:29 am
By SKleefeld
Director

metaldragon wrote:
>>>
I’m not sure where this appearance would fit in Captain Marvel, Rick Jones, Annihilus, Blastaar, Sandman, Trapster, or the (Wingless) Wizard’s chronologies.
<<<

I would put Capt. Marvel and Rick Jones between CM 21 and SUB-M 30. Annihilus is between FF@ 6 and FF 108. Sandman is between FF 94 and H2 138. Wizard is between FF 94 and CA:SL2 8. Traspter is between FF 94 and M/TU 2.

Enda80 wrote:
>>>
The appearance of Blastaar in Fantastic Four: World's Greatest Comic Magazine#9 & 10 throws a wrench into the flashback from Marvel Team-Up#18, which continues directly from X-Men I#53 and continues into MTU#18.
<<<

I fail to see much of a problem here. We've already got M/S&L 1/3 in between those two issues as it is and Blastaar has been "killed" repeatedly. Why can't another issue get dropped in there? Yes, it requires some off-camera explanations, but nothing that we haven't seen/done before.