Sentry/X-Men '01

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

Hotcharokey 2.0
Minion
Minion

Sentry/X-Men '01

Post by Hotcharokey 2.0 »

The chronology for Angel and the X-Men during the time that they teamed up with the Sentry seems to be incorrect.

Angel's current chronology:
S/X (4-5)-FB
S/X (6-8)-FB
S/X (10-12)-FB
UX 3
TCORPS 3
UX 4
UX 5
ST 120
S/X (15-22)-FB

It seems as though S/X (15-22)-FB should be moved up and placed between S/X (10-12)-FB and UX 3. S/X (15-22)-FB follows directly from S/X (10-12)-FB. On page 12, the Sentry is talking to Warren when he learns that the General attacked a missile base. On page 15, Warren states in his narration that he went with the Sentry to the missile base and met up with the X-Men there.

According to the X-Men Index, the listing for X-Men #5 only has Angel, Iceman, Marvel Girl, and Beast appearing in S/X-FB, but Cyclops also appears in the flashback during the battle with the General. However, if S/X (15-22)-FB gets moved up and placed between S/X (10-12)-FB and UX 3, then the S/X-FB should be removed from X-Men #5.

The listing for X-Men #13 in the X-Men Index has Professor X appearing in a flashback in S/X, but I could not find him in any flashback other than the flashback on pages 6-8 in which he supervises the X-Men during their training session.
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Re: Sentry/X-Men '01

Post by JephYork »

Can anyone confirm/refute this?

-Jeph!
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

I can't find the specific discussion in the archives right now, but I seem to remember something about Iceman requiring a gap between the training flashback and the battle with the General flashback. Throwing snowballs vs. making ice-slides, maybe?

BUT, when we recently updated the page/panel ranges, it looks like I accidentally placed the gap in the wrong spot. A day is supposed to seperate (6-8)-FB & (10-12)-FB, but again, that gap needed to be bigger for some reason:

ANGEL III/WARREN KENNETH WORTHINGTON III

{UX 1}
UX 2
TOS 49
A 3
SENTRY/X (4-5)-FB
SENTRY/X (6 - 8)-FB
*SENTRY/X (10-12)-FB (move from here)
UX 3
TCORPS 3
UX 4
UX 5
ST 120
*SENTRY/X (10-12)-FB (move to here)
SENTRY/X (15 - 22)-FB
UX 5

No one else is affected.
-Daron Jensen
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by JephYork »

So -- all six X-Men appear in S/X fb prior to UX #3, and then everyone but Prof. X appears again in S/X fb during UX #5? Is that right?

-Jeph!
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

Right. :mrgreen:
-Daron Jensen