Several X-Men Discrepancies

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

Hotcharokey 2.0
Minion
Minion

Several X-Men Discrepancies

Post by Hotcharokey 2.0 »

Professor X's chronology shows him appearing in UX 322-BTS before XM 5, but Bishop's chronology shows him appearing in XM 5 before UX 322.

The chronologies for Beast, Gambit, Rogue and Iceman have them appearing in X 38 before M/HOL 1994, but the chronology for Bishop has him appearing in M/HOL 1994-BTS before X 38.

Psylocke's chronology shows her appearing in X '95/2-FB before UX 325, but Angel's chronology shows him appearing in UX 325 before X '95/2-FB.

The chronologies for Storm and Iceman have them appearing in GAM4 10-FB before X 25, but the chronologies for Beast and Gambit have them appearing in X 25 before GAM4 10-FB.

The chronologies for Cyclops and Jean Grey have them appearing in X 70 before JIM 513, but the chronology for Beast shows him appearing in JIM 513 before X 70.

Mark Delgado
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Re: Several X-Men Discrepancies

Post by JephYork »

Why do you do this to me three days before the Index TPB goes to print? :-(

EDIT: I guess it beats three days *afterward*...

Whose chronologies are right? Whose are wrong?

-Jeph!
frogcoin
Hero
Hero

Post by frogcoin »

hmmm what has to do the TPB with the MCP? are they taking in consideration the MCP?
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by JephYork »

Yes, one of the sources that the Index used when creating the character chronologies was the MCP's findings. And in some cases, MCP mistakes made their way into the Index. :-(

I'd like to take those mistakes *out* before the TPB goes to press, as this is effectively our last chance to get the X-Men chronologies right in print.

So: whose chronologies are right above? Whose are wrong?

-Jeph!
Russ Chappell
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Russ Chappell »

frogcoin wrote:hmmm what has to do the TPB with the MCP? are they taking in consideration the MCP?
Some of us write for the Index.
I can't promise you that things will improve, if we make changes;
I can promise you that they won't improve, if we don't.

Adventures in the Marvelous Zone! A Girl's View of the Marvel Universe
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by JephYork »

For X-Man #5/UXM #322, I'm keeping X-Man #5 beforehand -- call it a personal preference. (I still have a wacky theory that I can shift X-Man #10 back before UX #322, to explain the whole "Onslaught learns to manifest physically -> Onslaught slugs Juggernaut" problem.)

For X #38/MHol '94, I'm going to just say "majority rules" and move Bishop.

For JIM #513/X #70, I can say right off the bat the Beast is incorrect -- in JIM #513, Cyclops is just fine, whereas up until X #70, he was injured and had a nanotech bomb implanted inside him.

But I'm stuck on the other two. Any thoughts, anyone? I'm so frazzled right now that I have no real way to confirm which of these chronologies is incorrect.
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by JephYork »

I moved X '95/2 fb back before UX #325 -- for Angel, it now occurs right after his app in the main story of X '95.

I moved the Gambit flashback after X #25 for everyone. It's now right before A #368.

-Jeph!