Flashback in H2 620

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

Paul Bourcier
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Flashback in H2 620

Post by Paul Bourcier »

This week's Incredible Hulks #620 features a flashback that shows young Bruce Banner (maybe 9 years old?) fleeing with his mother from Bruce's father at their Dayton, Ohio, home. The father grabs his wife's arm and says, "Where the hell do you think you're taking that little freak?" Bruce ignores his mother's plea for him to run and tells his father to leave her alone. Bruce pictures his father as a monster as he beats his wife and tells Bruce that she can't protect him and his sick, strange, big brain any more.

I'm not familiar with all the flashbacks that form Bruce Banner's childhood chronology, so does anyone have a proposal about where this flashback goes?
Paul B.
LordZorn
Hero
Hero

Re: Flashback in H2 620

Post by LordZorn »

Friend Paul B:

Having neither H2 620 nor the Flashback collection at hand (though an audit of the Flashbacks is my first large prospective contributory post here, if I can ever find the time<LOL>) but being fairly familiar with the territory, I would suggest that the flashback in question should be placed in/around/is actually an expansion of the flashback in H2 377(8:2-11:2)-FB in which Bruce remembers his mother's murder while under hypnosis by the Ringmaster and Doc Samson. I believe there is no actual depiction of the scene, just a description of the action by Bruce and a panel showing Bruce's "re-imagining" of his father as a monster. Hope this is of some help...
michel
Director
Director

Post by michel »

Paul, I proposed a detailed chronology of Hulk's early FBs in this post : http://chronologyproject.com/phpbb2/vie ... 577#p28577

I haven't Incredible Hulks #620 yet to check, but I agree with LordZorn, Brian kills Rebecca in H2 377-FB (8:2-11:2)

Have you already post here about this audit of Flashbacks, LordZorn ? I'm currently working on something similar
Paul Bourcier
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by Paul Bourcier »

Thanks, guys. With your assistance, here's what I have to propose:

H2 377 (8:2-8:3)-FB -- Bruce and his mother pack to leave
H2 620 (3:1)-FB -- They leave the house
H2 377 (8:4-9:1)-FB -- Bruce starts to get into the car and Bruce's dad asks where they think they're going; his mom tells his dad it's over
H2 620 (3:2-3:3)-FB -- Bruce's dad grabs mom, who tells Bruce to run; Bruce refuses
H2 377 (9:2)-FB -- Bruce's mom tells dad that he's hurting her and Bruce tells him to stop
H2 620 (3:4)-FB -- Bruce tells his dad he'll be good
H2 377 (10:1)-FB -- Bruce's mom tells dad to stop
H2 620 (3:5)-FB -- Bruce's dad says mom can't help him any more and threatens to hurt Bruce
H2 377 (10:2-11:2) -- Bruce's dad kills mom and Bruce kneels by her side
Paul B.
LordZorn
Hero
Hero

Post by LordZorn »

Michel:

I can now see where Russ got some, if not all, of his Hulk Flashback analysis. Good work!!! But in digging around, I've come up with a few possible additional flashbacks that should be in the project. If I may, I will use your work too in my research. Again, circumstances delay my posting as of this time, but I hope to get to it sometime this year, perhaps.
michel
Director
Director

Post by michel »

OK LordZorn, I hope we'll be able to cooperate when you'll have time for your researchs