Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Re: miscellaneous minor misplacements

Post by Paul Bourcier »

michel wrote:
* HTD 29 splitted in two
* M/TIO 46 moved here
* HTD 29 splitted in two
I think I missed something. Why are you inserting M/TIO 46 within HTD 29?
Paul B.
Paul Bourcier
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by Paul Bourcier »

michel wrote:
RONAN THE ACCUSER [KREE]
A 97
CM 41
* CM 47 added
* CM 48-BTS added
CM 49
CM 50
What's the nature of Ronan's BTS appearance in CM 48?
Paul B.
michel
Director
Director

Post by michel »

Paul Bourcier wrote:michel wrote:
* HTD 29 splitted in two
* M/TIO 46 moved here
* HTD 29 splitted in two
I think I missed something. Why are you inserting M/TIO 46 within HTD 29?
With Michael, we searched how to place M/TIO 46, where Howard makes a cameo in Hollywood. He had stated it had to be between HTD 27 and M/TU 96, and
michel wrote:I checked the books to see if I could find a placement, most stories happen in Cleveland, those at the end of the Mag happen in Florida and New Orleans, BUT in HTD 29 Howard spends some days in Las Vegas, to appear in a TV show. That's not too far from Hollywood, so he could have been there in between (9:3) and (9:4) of HTD 29.
michel
Director
Director

Post by michel »

Paul Bourcier wrote:michel wrote:
RONAN THE ACCUSER [KREE]
A 97
CM 41
* CM 47 added
* CM 48-BTS added
CM 49
CM 50
What's the nature of Ronan's BTS appearance in CM 48?
He's "in storage" in Tara and Mac-Ronn's ship, we see the ship crashed on Earth
Paul Bourcier
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by Paul Bourcier »

michel wrote:
I checked the books to see if I could find a placement, most stories happen in Cleveland, those at the end of the Mag happen in Florida and New Orleans, BUT in HTD 29 Howard spends some days in Las Vegas, to appear in a TV show. That's not too far from Hollywood, so he could have been there in between (9:3) and (9:4) of HTD 29.
I suppose it's possible, but it doesn't appear that splitting HTD 29 is absolutely necessary. Does HTD 29 read like there's supposed to be a gap between 9:3 and 9:4? Does it make sense for him to be in Hollywood in M/TIO 46 given the context of the story in HTD 29? Are there other time gaps for Howard between HTD 27 and M/TU 96 during which he could take a trip to Hollywood? And was Howard being serious in M/TIO 46 when he said he was kid show star Uncle Waddles? If so, I'd say his time in Hollywood would have to be longer than the time afforded in a break in HTD 29.
Paul B.
michel
Director
Director

Post by michel »

Out of memory, I don't have the books available right now to check
Paul Bourcier wrote:Does HTD 29 read like there's supposed to be a gap between 9:3 and 9:4?
Yes, he arrives in Vegas during a week to be a guest in a TV show scheduled on Saturday evening or Sunday evening. (9:4) has a text saying something like "now we're before the TV show". That's why I put M/TIO 46 here

Does it make sense for him to be in Hollywood in M/TIO 46 given the context of the story in HTD 29?
Yes, he's with an agent who wants to make money from a talking duck, and makes him believe it's for a charity. It's believable that the agent would have want to make more money with deals in Hollywood.

Are there other time gaps for Howard between HTD 27 and M/TU 96 during which he could take a trip to Hollywood?
As I said, during these period the stories happen in Cleveland. HTD 29 is the only story that I've found with a trip in Las Vegas, not too far from Hollywood. But it's always possible to place a trip to Hollywood between two stories in Cleveland.

And was Howard being serious in M/TIO 46 when he said he was kid show star Uncle Waddles? If so, I'd say his time in Hollywood would have to be longer than the time afforded in a break in HTD 29.
Maybe his agent was negotiating for that, but couldn't finally make the deal. Or maybe it's just a joke for the Thing, hard to say.