Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

LordZorn
Hero
Hero

Avengers vs Atlas Hulk appearance

Post by LordZorn »

Guys:

Am I correct in assuming the Avengers who appear in Avengers vs Agents of Atlas are time-displaced from shortly after meeting Kang for the first time in A 8(and, therefore, the Hulk appears here shortly after TTA 61 or so)??? TIA
Paul Bourcier
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Re: Avengers vs Atlas Hulk appearance

Post by Paul Bourcier »

I have the early Avengers in Avengers vs. Atlas right after A:EMH 4 (19-22), which follows A 8 (21:7).
Paul B.
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

That's where the timeline diverges, yes. But of course, the early Avengers die in issue 4.
-Daron Jensen
LordZorn
Hero
Hero

Post by LordZorn »

Col. Fury:

...but due to Dr. Strange's spell, an alternate timeline (and Avengers) continued things onward, right??? Forgive my request for a memory-refresher, but it's been a while since I've read the old stories.
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

The Avengers from the past are from an alternate timeline. The divergence occurs when the Avengers from the past are pulled forward to the future. "Our" past Avengers don't appear in the series.

For instance, the divergent Giant-Man that appears in this series becomes Kang, and all the past Avengers die when they sacrifice themselves for the greater good in issue 4. "Our" Avengers obviously didn't die shortly after Avengers #8, as they continued to make appearances in Avengers #9 and onwards, and "our" Giant-Man never became Kang, so these Avengers aren't "our" Avengers.
-Daron Jensen
LordZorn
Hero
Hero

Post by LordZorn »

Col. Fury:

So, are you saying that unless there's a notation, the only Earth-616 characters from this series that should/will be listed in the Project are the Agents of Atlas/other non-Avengers??? TIA for the clarification
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by JephYork »

All "Earth-616" characters will be listed. He's saying that the time-travel-Avengers *aren't* the Earth-616 versions.

-Jeph!