X-Men Odds and Ends

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Re: X-Men Odds and Ends

Post by JephYork »

Does anyone happen to have a scan of that panel? RipStryken?

-Jeph!
RipStryken
Minion
Minion

Post by RipStryken »

One thing I have to do is dig out my copies of the Index to the X-Men that came out in 1994, to see if MCP 16 was listed under Rogue there. I'm trying to remember how I found this issue when compiling my appearance lists for her.

I didn't have anything else scanned from this issue, but I managed to dig up the following scans referencing the hair argument. Inconclusive as far as the white stripe goes, but Maddie's hair is a brighter red where Rogue's seems to match the color better in MCP 16.

The cover of 238 (I know, its just cover art) shows brown under the stripe.

Brown Bangs going over her eyebrows in UX 239.

And here's the other pic from MCP 16.
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by JephYork »

Hmm. I'm not seeing any Southern accent here ... and doesn't Rogue hate Dazzler? Why would she offer to dance with her?

Frankly, I still think it's Rogue, just because that's *probably what the creators intended* -- Rogue is a much more prominent character than Maddy, and it doesn't make much sense that the writer would deliberately truck out *every X-Man except Rogue*, plus Maddy. That's weird. If they were making a point to cameo all the other X-Men active at that time, why skip Rogue?

Yes, the hair, accent and behavior are more Maddy-like than Rogue-like ... but I still think that the creators probably *intended* to write and draw Rogue in that scene.

Personally, I'd just call it "Carol in control of Rogue".

-Jeph!
Michael
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Michael »

JephYork wrote:Hmm. I'm not seeing any Southern accent here ... and doesn't Rogue hate Dazzler? Why would she offer to dance with her?
We've got it placed between UX 238 and 239- Rogue didn't really start fighting with Ali over Longshot until UX 240.
JephYork wrote:Frankly, I still think it's Rogue, just because that's *probably what the creators intended* -- Rogue is a much more prominent character than Maddy, and it doesn't make much sense that the writer would deliberately truck out *every X-Man except Rogue*, plus Maddy. That's weird. If they were making a point to cameo all the other X-Men active at that time, why skip Rogue?
Peter and Betsy weren't present for that scene either.
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by JephYork »

Peter and Betsy weren't present for that scene either.
Hmm, good point. Ugh.

Although, I didn't mean that Rogue and Dazzler hated each other over Longshot. Rogue tried to kill Dazzler a few times back before she joined the X-Men, and it was a plot point in UXM #221-222 that Dazzler was still furious at Rogue about it. Then again, Rogue wanted to bury the hatchet back then, and that *was* 20 issues ago. Hmm.

-Jeph!