Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

LordZorn
Hero
Hero

A:O Clarification needed

Post by LordZorn »

Russ:

I noticed you listed an issue of A:O in the Hulk's list. First of all, I think you've made an ambiguous listing of it in the Key. You list it as "New Avengers: Origin", giving the impression that it is about the origin of the New Avengers, rather than a new book on the origin of the old ones. Secondly, am I to infer that the entire series will eventually find its way into the Project??? And thirdly. could refresh me on the criteria for books to be included/excluded??? I agree that Paul B. did his usual masterful job of weaving the chronologies of the two series together. However, I still wonder if the mischaracterisation of the Teen Brigade as quasi-malevolent hackers might disqualify the series from inclusion. TIA
Russ Chappell
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: A:O Clarification needed

Post by Russ Chappell »

LordZorn wrote:Russ:

I noticed you listed an issue of A:O in the Hulk's list. First of all, I think you've made an ambiguous listing of it in the Key. You list it as "New Avengers: Origin", giving the impression that it is about the origin of the New Avengers, rather than a new book on the origin of the old ones.
I believe you're right.
And thirdly. could refresh me on the criteria for books to be included/excluded???
This is addressed in the FAQ, in the followup question to the list of non-canon books.

http://www.chronologyproject.com/faq.php#Q15
I agree that Paul B. did his usual masterful job of weaving the chronologies of the two series together. However, I still wonder if the mischaracterisation of the Teen Brigade as quasi-malevolent hackers might disqualify the series from inclusion. TIA
I don't think that perceived mischaracterization, especially of relatively minor characters, is sufficient reason to declare a book non-canon.
Secondly, am I to infer that the entire series will eventually find its way into the Project???
That would be a valid inference.
I can't promise you that things will improve, if we make changes;
I can promise you that they won't improve, if we don't.

Adventures in the Marvelous Zone! A Girl's View of the Marvel Universe
LordZorn
Hero
Hero

Post by LordZorn »

Russ:

A follow-up question, if I may: What, if anything, *does* constitute a valid exclusionary mischaracterisation??? Or is such a thing rather a useless concept in a universe filled with clones, shape-shifters, deviation-rays, magic spells, and, above all, that pernicious ol' sliding time-scale??? You're right, BTW, about the Teen Brigade(except for Rick Jones) being minor characters, but I still kinda mourn the difference between the 60s Brigade of basically clean-cut kids eager to help find heroes in an emergency, and the Millennial version of jaded Wikileaks wannabes hiding out in an underground parking garage waiting for cracks to appear in civilisation's armour...Oh, well...<sigh>
Russ Chappell
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Russ Chappell »

LordZorn wrote:What, if anything, *does* constitute a valid exclusionary mischaracterisation???
I'd rather not answer a hypothetical question, but a gay Tony Stark might qualify.
I can't promise you that things will improve, if we make changes;
I can promise you that they won't improve, if we don't.

Adventures in the Marvelous Zone! A Girl's View of the Marvel Universe