Boom-Boom & Rictor's real names?

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Boom-Boom & Rictor's real names?

Post by JephYork »

When was Boom-Boom's first name and last name revealed? Were they revealed at different times?

What about Rictor? I seem to recall that he was first called "Julio Esteban Richter" in X-Force #25, but did we know any or all of his real name before then? We met a "Mr. Richter" in the Cable: Blood & Metal mini, prior to XFOR #25, but I don't know if that's enough to claim that Rictor's last name was definitively revealed there...

-Jeph!
Michael
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Re: Boom-Boom & Rictor's real names?

Post by Michael »

Boom-Boom was referred to as Tabitha in her first appearance in Secret Wars II 5. I'm not sure about when her last name was first used.
Rictor's name was listed as "J.E. Richter" in issue 6 of the 1989 Update to the Official Handbook. I'm not sure when that name was first used in a story.
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by JephYork »

Looking at the Handbooks, Boom-Boom's last name was still unrevealed as of her Update '89 entry. She's listed as Tabitha Smith in her 1993 Master Edition #26 entry, though, so it looks like we've got a four-year window to focus on.

Rictor's 1993 Master Edition #34 entry still only lists him as "J. E. Richter", and his bibliography in that entry goes up to X-Force #24. In X-Force #25, Exodus calls him Julio Esteban, so it looks like #25 is definitely where Rictor's full name is first used.

Can anyone help narrow down the debut of Boom-Boom's last name?

-Jeph!
metaldragon
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by metaldragon »

Possibly when she was enrolled in school in the X-terminators mini?
"May the Light shine forever!"
GodRob
Henchman
Henchman

Post by GodRob »

On a chart at the end of New Mutants Annual 7 (published between NM 100 and XF 1, July 1991), she is named Tabitha Smith. Probably not the first time the name was mentioned but it should narrow the gap a couple of years.

Robert

Edit: The title page of the New Mutants Summer Special lists her as Tabitha Smith. This issue was published the same month as New Mutants 92 Aug 1990. I don't know in which issue she was first called "Tabitha Smith" on panel but this is the earliest reference I could find.