Giant-Size Defenders #3

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Giant-Size Defenders #3

Post by JephYork »

I just got asked why we currently have Giant-Size Defenders #3 placed after Defenders #21, rather than after #19 (which is when it was published).

I don't know enough about the Defenders to answer this question. Does anyone know?

-Jeph!
DonCampbell
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Giant-Size Defenders #3

Post by DonCampbell »

JephYork wrote:I just got asked why we currently have Giant-Size Defenders #3 placed after Defenders #21, rather than after #19 (which is when it was published).

I don't know enough about the Defenders to answer this question. Does anyone know?

-Jeph!
Valkyrie left the Defenders to find out about her life as Barbara Denton in issue #17 and she did not return to the non-team (or to New York City) until issue #21. Of course, with his powers the Grandmaster could have brought the Defenders together even if they were separated. However, the events depicted in Defenders #17-21 took place over the course of only two days. To clarify, Defenders #17-19, Marvel Team-Up #27, and Marvel Two-in-One #6-7 all take place on the same night and lead into Defenders #20-21 which takes place on the following day.

In short, there's really no room to put Giant-Size Defenders #3 between Defenders #19 & 20. I suppose you could come up with some way to force/wedge it in there but why bother?

Don Campbell
Paul Bourcier
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by Paul Bourcier »

I checked too and confirm that Don's correct.
Paul B.
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by JephYork »

Thanks, guys. That's perfect!

-Jeph!