X-Factor appearances between XF 40-43

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

metaldragon
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

X-Factor appearances between XF 40-43

Post by metaldragon »

There is a problem with the placement of issues between XF 42 & 43 that I've mentioned in the past but this has never been fully addressed. I will explain why. In XF 41, X-Factor tells the New Mutants and X-terminators they are leaving for England to investigate the kidnapping of a boy. The New Mutants tell X-Factor that they will return Illyana to her parents in Siberia while they are away. Mirage is experiencing headaches and fever, mentions Brightwind isn't feeling well either (from Hela's spell on the Valkyries). Ship provides a flying craft for X-Factor and they leave. They discover the boy is a mutant who can convert any kind of matter into metals like gold and has been kidnapped by trolls. They rescue him in XF 42.

In NM 77 the New Mutants and X-terminators drop Illyana off with her parents in Siberia and suddenly Mirage & Brightwind collapse, burning with fever. Warlock flies them all back to Ship. Ship informs them that X-Factor is still in England (remember, this is after the New Mutants have travelled from New York to Siberia and back to New York again). Ship informs them Dani & Brightwind's collapse and high fever are mystical in nature and recommends they seek out Dr. Strange. Warlock transports them to Dr. Strange's house and suddenly Mirage & Brightwind awake and burst into flame. The New Mutants & X-terminators try to stop them from burning people and Dr. Strange in his astral form helps. Mirage manages to regain control of herself enough to create an ice machine which freezes her and Brightwind in cryonic suspension.

In NM 78, the New Mutants and X-terminators try to transport Dani, in her ice machine, back to Ship, and they are attacked by Freedom Force, who are there to arrest Rusty for causing the fires. The New Mutants finally reach Ship but to their shock and dismay, it suddenly cries out to X-Factor that it is out of control and launching them into space. This is the same moment as shown at the beginning of XF 43. (I suggest this would be a BTS appearance for X-Factor as they are onboard Ship and Ship is speaking to them). Dr. Strange, following the New Mutants & X-terminators in astral form, discovered that the spell on Mirage is Asgardian and teleports them to Asgard.

Not much time passes from when Ship informs them X-Factor is still in England, they fight to contain Mirage outside Dr. Strange's house, then fight Freedom Force and then return to see Ship launching into space (maybe only a few hours at most). Therefore, any stories where members of X-Factor appear that have been placed between XF 42-43 need to be moved before XF 41. The one exception is the Cyclops vs Master Mold on Muir Island story in M/CP 17/4 - 24 which could happen while the rest of X-Factor are still in England.

I know I had suggested previously that Beast's M/CP 85-92 story be moved to a later spot but Ship appears there floating off the coast of Manhattan Island, which would place it before XF 51 where Ship returns from space and lands upright on the X-Factor complex property, where it generally stays until it's destruction in XF 65-68. Which means before it launches into space in XF 43. Which means before X-Factor travel to England in XF 41.

Therefore I propose these changes:

Angel (aka Archangel)

XF 40

XF 47-FB
XF 41

XF 42

XF 47-FB [move]
NM 78-BTS [add]

XF 43

Beast

XF 40

NM 76

A 305

M/CP 39/2

M/CP 40/2

M/CP 41/2

M/CP 42/2

M/CP 43/2

M/CP 44/2

M/CP 85/3

M/CP 86/3

M/CP 87/3

M/CP 88/2

M/CP 89/2

M/CP 90/2

M/CP 91/2

M/CP 92/2

XF 41

XF 42

A 305 [move all]
M/CP 39/2

M/CP 40/2

M/CP 41/2

M/CP 42/2

M/CP 43/2

M/CP 44/2

NM 78-BTS [add]

XF 43

Cyclops

XF 40

NM 76
XF 47-FB

XF 41

XF 42

M/CP 17/4

M/CP 18

M/CP 19

M/CP 20

M/CP 21

M/CP 22

M/CP 23

M/CP 24

XF 47-FB [move]

NM 78-BTS [add]

XF 43

Iceman

XF 40

NM 76

XF 41

XF 42
NM 78-BTS [add]

XF 43

Marvel Girl

XF 40

NM 76
XF 47-FB

XF 41

XF 42

XF 47-FB [move]

NM 78-BTS [add]

XF 43

Ship

XF 40

NM 76

XF 47-FB
M/CP 85/3
XF 41
XF 42-BTS

NM 77

NM 78
XF 47-FB [move]

XF 43

XF 63
M/CP 85/3 [move]
XF 65
Last edited by metaldragon on Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
"May the Light shine forever!"
Michael
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Re: X-Factor appearances between XF 40-43

Post by Michael »

Metaldragon, assuming your placement is correct, where would you place M/CP 39/2-44/2 in the Avengers' chronologies?
metaldragon
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by metaldragon »

Michael wrote:Metaldragon, assuming your placement is correct, where would you place M/CP 39/2-44/2 in the Avengers' chronologies?
As you notice, it's still after A 305 as per how it appeared in Beast's listing. I just moved A 305 before XF 41 along with it. I don't own the story so I'm not sure who else appears besides Wonder Man & Beast.
Michael
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Michael »

The Scarlet Witch, Vision, Hawkeye, She-Hulk, Iron Man, Hank Pym, Captain America, Thor and Wasp all appear in M/CP 38/2-45/2. And if we assume that M/CP 38/2-45/2 takes place before NM 78, that would involve reworking their chronologies, since NM 78 takes place before FF 333 in Strange's chronology, and Strange meets some of these Avengers in FF 333.
metaldragon
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by metaldragon »

Michael wrote:The Scarlet Witch, Vision, Hawkeye, She-Hulk, Iron Man, Hank Pym, Captain America, Thor and Wasp all appear in M/CP 38/2-45/2. And if we assume that M/CP 38/2-45/2 takes place before NM 78, that would involve reworking their chronologies, since NM 78 takes place before FF 333 in Strange's chronology, and Strange meets some of these Avengers in FF 333.
NM 78 and XF 43 shows the same moment (when Ship is launched into space). That means there's an inherent conflict with the original placement between XF 42 & 43 in Beast's listing to begin with.

Do they appear in the M/CP story before or after Atlantis Attacks? Atlantis Attacks takes place after NM 78 (well, after the Asgardian storyline which begins there and continues on to NM 87 actually). If it takes place after Atlantis Attacks, then the story must occur during NM 88 (before pg. 13) for the Beast at the very soonest or another, later spot.