Johnny Storm's high school graduation

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

intp
Big Bad
Big Bad

Johnny Storm's high school graduation

Post by intp »

This is a minor continuity issue that I've puzzled over. Peter Parker is depicted as graduating from high school in Asm 28, but Johnny Storm's high school graduation, at least as far as I know, has not been depicted anywhere. Both Peter and Johnny visited State U. in Ff 35; and Johnny notes in Ff 44 that he didn't enroll in college because "so much was happening", so presumably Johnny's graduation occurred some time between Ff 35-44. Since Spidey's appearance in FF@ 3 is listed as occurring after Asm 28, presumably Johnny also graduated from high school some time before FF@ 3, if Glenville ended at about the same time as Midtown High School. Since FF 41-43 is a fairly continuous storyline, that would suggest that Johnny's graduation occurred either between FF 40-41, or between FF 43 and Annual # 3. My guess is the latter, but I wonder if this has ever been clarified? I was hoping for an answer in Christos Gage's recent "Spider-Man and Fantastic Four" series; but, while that series did quite a nice job with continuity issues, it didn't quite answer that particular question.

And another minor point: in FF 50, Johnny attends Metro College, which, I think, is different from State U., where Reed and Peter went. Yet in Ff vs. X-Men # 4 flashback, Johnny claims he went to the same school that Reed went to. Was this just a mistake by Claremont?
zilch
Hero
Hero

Re: Johnny Storm's high school graduation

Post by zilch »

Way back when, i think when George O Murray Ward and others were figuring out the timeline for the first three years of the FF, someone came to the conclusion that Johnny probably missed his graduation ceremony during 35-41.

And Johnny and Jean Grey were attending Metro at the same time.
Michael
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Re: Johnny Storm's high school graduation

Post by Michael »

Marvel's official word is that Johnny attended both State and Metro at different points in his life- he even set State University on fire during DeFalco's run.