Name That Alien! (Prison World -- Wolverine v2 #133-138)

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Name That Alien! (Prison World -- Wolverine v2 #133-138)

Post by JephYork »

Has anyone ever put together a list of all the various characters, species and alien races seen on the Collectors' Prison World in W2 #133-138?

-Jeph!
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Re: Prison World (Wolverine v2 #133-138)

Post by JephYork »

There's a few aliens on Prison World that I'm having a hard time with. They look like they *should* be from previously-seen alien races, or from Atlas' 1950s monster comics -- but I can't put my finger on them. Does anyone recognise these guys?

Alien #1 -- is this a Snark? Or maybe one of Cap'n Reptyl's race?

Alien #2 -- looks like an Atlas Era monster to me...

Aliens #3-4 -- does anyone recognize either of these four-armed fellows?

Alien #5 -- with her skull-shoulder costume and her distinctive speech pattern, I think this is supposed to be a previously-seen character -- but I don't know who. Any hints?

Image Image

Aliens #6-8 -- anyone recognize either of these three?

Aliens #9-10 -- that's a Badoon at the top, but what about the other two?

Alien #11 -- with his distinctive "KP" headband, I feel like this must be a previously-seen character too -- but I'm drawing a blank. Anyone know?

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

-Jeph!
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Re: Name That Alien! (Prison World -- Wolverine v2 #133-138)

Post by JephYork »

Here are some more:

Alien #12 -- a guard with a snakelike or wormlike lower body.

Aliens #13-15 -- Wolverine attacks red, yellow and green guards. Are they from previously-seen races?

Image Image

Aliens #16-17 - Wolverine sees a guard and a prisoner, and comments that the prisoner smells familiar. I'm not sure what that's a reference to. Any thoughts?

Aliens #18-20 -- that's a Toad Man (Tribbitite) at the lower left, but what about the other three?

Aliens #21-22 -- big scaly guy, little long-eared(?) guy. Either from previously-seen races?

Alien #23 -- weird face. Look familiar?

Aliens #24-26 -- the big red one is named Millie and has a dstinctive speech pattern -- and Wolverine calls him (her?) "cabbage-head" and "lettuce-head". Are those clues to help narrow down Millie's race? I've included two different views of each alien.

Image Image Image

Aliens #27-30 -- glimpsed during the prison riot. Any familiar faces?

Image Image

Alien #31 -- this cute little guy sprouts wings, and all he says is "Queep." Does this sound like anyone we've seen before?

Image Image

-Jeph!
JLH
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Re: Prison World (Wolverine v2 #133-138)

Post by JLH »

JephYork wrote:Alien #5 -- with her skull-shoulder costume and her distinctive speech pattern, I think this is supposed to be a previously-seen character -- but I don't know who. Any hints?

Image Image
She looks like Gamora, but doesn't talk like her.
Somebody
Director
Director

Post by Somebody »

Not really, Gamora's traditionally green.

And, bearing in mind I haven't read that arc in the better part of a decade and may be wrong (!), wasn't #17's "familiar" scene down to him being possessed by Wolverine's accomplice-of-the-arc?
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by JephYork »

No. Aria was possessing the Chameleoid guard -- and Wolverine notes elsewhere in the issue that he can't tell who she's possessing because she doesn't give off a scent.

-Jeph!
Starman
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Starman »

JephYork wrote:Aliens #18-20 -- that's a Toad Man (Tribbitite) at the lower left, but what about the other three?

If my memory do not deceive me, a member of the purple guy's race tried to assassinate Galactus during the trial against Reed Richards in a John Byrne issue of Fantastic Four right before Secret Wars. I don't have the issue near me right now, but I think the name of the race should be mentioned there.
- Stefan
Pro Wrestling (NES):
The super space-traveller Star Man wears a mask and a costume with a color palette that no human being alive would be caught dead in. With his awesome back flip kick to the face and flying head butt, he's the fan-fave.
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by JephYork »

Xxan Xxar, from FF #261-262, right? He's listed as a Xixix in the OHOTMU alien appendix.

-Jeph!
Starman
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Starman »

Yes, digged out the FF-issues and made a look through. Got a bit disappointed he didn't introduce himself with both name and species or planet. Makes me miss the Star Trek-series.
- Stefan
Pro Wrestling (NES):
The super space-traveller Star Man wears a mask and a costume with a color palette that no human being alive would be caught dead in. With his awesome back flip kick to the face and flying head butt, he's the fan-fave.
Leoparis
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Leoparis »

Several characters look like they are from Alien Legion, an Epic Comics from the 80s, I vaguely recall #5 and #12

#3-4 Isn't that a medusa alien (from Avengers #4 and the race Phoenix extinguished) and the four-armed fellow looks like the small guardian from the M'kraan crystal.

#9-10 one (on the left) is from the race of Beta Ray Bill, the other looks like a familiar Kirby design

#21-22 the small one is from the race of Jar Jar Binks (Star Wars alien)
loki
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by loki »

Leoparis wrote: #21-22 the small one is from the race of Jar Jar Binks (Star Wars alien)
No, Gungans have long snouts, he has no nose. He does look annoyingly familiar though - I'm sure I've seen his species before.

And now I've got it - he's a Courga, first seen in Marvel Presents #5's Guardians of the Galaxy story.
http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/asylumeg.htm#Pazz-Ko
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 ... Courga.jpg
He's missing the eyebrows, but the rest of the face matches. Maybe he's bald.

And, though the head isn't quite the right size, nor the colour, I wonder if #8 is a Xantha, based on the diminutive stature and distinctive facial hair.
http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix3/xantharace.htm
http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/kurrgo.htm
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

Yes, #9 (the orange one) is a Korbinite.
-Daron Jensen