Ghost Rider (Ketch) chronology amendments

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

loki
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Ghost Rider (Ketch) chronology amendments

Post by loki »

Feedback on the GR Index suggests some amendments needed to the GR chronologies. Daron has parsed through things and figured out potential changes, but since some of this gets complicated and involves multiple characters, I would like to also run his suggested changes by the MCP forums, both for wider feedback and because the amendments would impact on chronologies on this site too. This is only post the first, covering stuff around the early part of the Ketch run - others are likely to follow. Any comments welcome:

First point raised: Spider-Man # 6-7 take place before FF # 347-349; Spider-Man first met the Kale GR in SM # 6 and already knew him in FF # 347.
to which Daron notes: Over in the Amazing Spider-Man Index, we also have FF 347 before SM #6 for Spider-Man. BUT, SM #6-7 are out of publication order by a few months in both Ghost Rider's and Spider-Man's chronologies. Unfortunately, in comparing Spider-Man's chronology to the Hulk's chronology, FF 347-349 don't line up between them, either. BUT, FF 347-349 do line up between Ghost Rider's and Wolverine's chronologies. It seems like the easiest thing to do is move SM #6-7 to just before FF 347-349 in both Ghost Rider's and Spider-Man's chronologies (and by extension Mary Jane).

Second point raised: MCP # 64-71 take place between GR # 7 and 8 instead of between 6 and 7 because it references Barbara Ketch's death.
to which Daron notes: Yep, MCP #66 in Danny's narration mentions Barb's death.

Third point raised: You've placed MK # 25, SM # 6-7, DC # 4, and DD # 294-295 all between GR # 12 and 13, and while the SM issues definitely take place back around GR # 6-8 a case could be made for the others. I would personally place them between GR # 9 and 10 because of John Blaze's journey occurring in GR # 10-13 and having all those guest-appearances put between those issues it would mean Blaze was on the road for a really long time, lol.
and Daron responds: The Johnny Blaze scenes *could* be happening at a differnt time than the main action, but I do agree that we should keep the issues together.

Daron has suggested the following updated chronology:
GR3 6
S-M 6
S-M 7
FF 347
FF 348
FF 349
GR3 7
GR3 8
GR3 9
M/CP 64
M/CP 65
M/CP 66
M/CP 67
M/CP 68
M/CP 69
M/CP 70
M/CP 71
T 429
T 430
MK3 25
DAMCON3 4
DD 294-BTS
DD 295
GR3 10
GR3 11
GR3 12
DRSTR3 28
GR3 13
ChronOCD
Supporting Character
Supporting Character

Re: Ghost Rider (Ketch) chronology amendments

Post by ChronOCD »

I never understood why MCP 64-71 is placed after FF 347-349. Just like the issue of Spider-Man first meeting GR in SM 6-7 it's pretty evident that MCP 65 is the first time Wolverine and Ghost Rider encounter each other. Ghost Rider even accuses Wolverine of being a "Deathwatch assassin".